Can we update Wordpress?

w4k3upn0w

Reaction score
I noticed after installing wordpress via fantastico/cpanel, that we are using v2.1 and the latest version is 2.6. Is there a way update to the 2.6 version?

Thanks.

tittat

Reaction score
****Thread Moved to Scripts & 3rd Party Apps*********

w4k3upn0w

Reaction score
I was moved but no one knows for sure wether or not I can upgrade to version 2.6?

PancakeN

Reaction score
All you should have to do is find the installation directory for wordpress and follow the instructions listed on their website. Alternatively you can create a separate installation of wordpress and import all your settings and information over, it should even allow you to use the same mysql database.

w4k3upn0w

Reaction score
All you should have to do is find the installation directory for wordpress and follow the instructions listed on their website. Alternatively you can create a separate installation of wordpress and import all your settings and information over, it should even allow you to use the same mysql database.

Thank you PancakeN, I think I found the information needed to make the upgrade, you have been of great help :)
Edit:
It worked like a charm PancakeN, thanks again for showing me where to go :happysad:

Issue solved.

Last edited: