Can x10 handle my site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tupac

Reaction score
I use to host my topsite on x10. But I have been suspended multiple times because of high resource usage. This was caused by spammers on my site. After all that I decided to move to save x10 the trouble. My topsite is currently using paid hosting and has been for a few months now. That server is able to take all the server requests from the spammers which was the problem with x10 (Which I understand why since this is free).

While my topsite was being hosted elsewhere, I finally was accepted into the Sustained Server on x10. Unfortunately, I am unable to take advantage with the opportunity of being hosted on a better server. But now I am thinking of moving back to x10. But I am unsure if I should.

Is there a way for a x10 staff member to check out my site and see it the Sustained Server can handle my site? I think the spamming has decreased in the past few months.

Thanks.

Last edited:

unpixelatedgamers

Reaction score
Well, if you gave the admins some of your site stat data (from your current paid host; average hits a month, bandwidth usage etc) they'd be able to look it over and decide wether they thought the server could handle that.

Its worth a shot.

dest581

Reaction score
Topsites are a major resource hog. If your topsite indexes lots of pages, or very popular pages, it could really hurt the server.

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
Post some logs of your site running and I think Corey can make a choice.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Do you have any idea of the average requests per second? MySQL queries (if any?) per second? Average bandwidth used per day? Anything like that?

Tupac

Reaction score
Bandwidth is not a problem, it only used 2.21gb in May. It's just that a bunch of sites have my topsite button on their site.

I saved a copy of Latest Visitors from Web/FTP Stats: blogelites.com/lastvistors.htm (it's not live)

Stats
Average Daily Unique PVs: 18502
Average Daily Total PVs: 49848
Average Daily Unique In: 55
Average Daily Total In: 63
Average Daily Unique Out: 22
Average Daily Total Out: 88

Topsite link is in my sig. This is pretty much all the info I can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.