Can x10 Keep This Up?

Oni

Reaction score
How can you guys keep this hosting up for free? Even with the ads on the Corporate plan. I mean it will cost you alot.

Just like what happened to t-rh (The Real Host) sure they were a great host but couldn't handle all the costs...

I'm just wonderin how much longer x10 can keep this up?

rainboiboi

Reaction score
I doubt so. They have been up for so long and have been doing well up till now. If they really have finance problem they should ask for help. Well, we could at least help by clicking on these ads.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Finance wise we're still all set. Time wise I am a little short which is causing the most problems. We just got a new server and we really need to just clean out all the abusers\spammers on the current server so that it will be stable again. This is a tedious task and takes quite a bit of time.

Parth

Banned
Reaction score
I just hope the site comes back soon. Oh and I have a question. Is PHP mail() function enabled on our hosting packages? If not then it would be a real plus if you did enable it. A lot of people (including me) are looking for a host that has PHP mail() enabled for free.

Oni

Reaction score
I know it takes time, maybe more Staff Members would help alot more! Get some people you can trust...like Tyler could help out alot more if he was Admin...

At least it's good to know no money problems...

Last edited:
N

Nathan

Any moderator can terminate accounts...doesn't have to be an Admin...

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
Corey said:
We just got a new server and we really need to just clean out all the abusers\spammers on the current server so that it will be stable again. This is a tedious task and takes quite a bit of time.

Why don't you enable again th Reported Sites Forum, I can help seeking for violating sites.

Conor

Reaction score
We DO need money whenever we can get it. Look into buying advertising or PM me for other ways to support x10, including donations.

The reported sites forum is gone because now we are getting fed up with people and just terminating most violators.

ss128

Reaction score
Corey said:
Finance wise we're still all set. Time wise I am a little short which is causing the most problems. We just got a new server and we really need to just clean out all the abusers\spammers on the current server so that it will be stable again. This is a tedious task and takes quite a bit of time.

well i guess that means i have to cleatr the adless pages of of my site before i get :eek:wned:

EDIT: done. now you have nothing against me ;)

Last edited:

saachi

Reaction score
Corey said:
What is a spammer or abuser? I think I maybe one :/ although I fulfill my advertising requirements and try to take it as easy as possible, utilising the accounts to their potential without disregard for x10.

I'm just a little worried and this is me pleading my case if it is so.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Spammers are people who send thousands and thousands of e-mails out, usually fraud ones for banks or paypal. Abusers are mostly people uploading malicious PHP scripts that attack other servers or try to gain entry into this one.

-Corey

saachi

Reaction score
OK, just so I'm not thought of as stupid, I know those definitions Corey. I was just checking what these were considered here, in case an abuser meant someone with high traffic within reasonable bounds but pushing their account to the limit (not necessarily over).

Well, thanks all the same for getting things back online, I sure do appreciate it.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
If your traffic is legitimate we do not consider this abuse. We give you the space to use it.

-Corey