can you show me what's taking up my space?

realvanyek

Reaction score
can you show me what's taking up my space? it grows up everyday but i can't seem to find the reason for this
Screenshot_20230512-073138.jpg

ctyrd

Reaction score
can you show me what's taking up my space? it grows up everyday but i can't seem to find the reason for this
If talking about "Disk Usage" that would be /public_html directory of the domain(s) and any database. You could use the DA file manager to clean the trash bin, backup files, unnecessary files. If using WP the wp-admin has a maintenance feature, at lease it use to.

Last edited:

realvanyek

Reaction score
If talking about "Disk Usage" that would be /public_html directory of the domain(s) and any database. You could use the DA file manager to clean the trash bin, backup files, unnecessary files. If using WP the wp-admin has a maintenance feature, at lease it use to.
i know about that, databases don't use much space, it's just that i don't know what's taking up space since i didn't upload any large files in there for a while, didn't create backups, and i don't use wp much anymore, so that couldn't be the problem

ctyrd

Reaction score
"Disk Usage" is the total files and folders in the /public_html directory of the domain(s), Mail, and any database. Or you could look at it as all files and folders in the My Files directory. If you use the DA filemanager. I do not write files/folder above the domain(s) /public_html, Although things happen sometimes.

Last edited:

realvanyek

Reaction score
Ok, so in Disk Usage i see that system quotas take up 982.17 MB, but the only big entry there is my main domain, which uses now 469.61 MB, and that's half of the space, the others use in summary about 4 MB. How could I fix this? Oh, and it's now grown another 60 MB or so, so my disk usage is now 1008.1 MB / 1 GB

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
if you have a script like wordpress, simple machine forums, etc
make sure there is NOTHING set to auto update etc,
especially addons or extensions that might do that.

Last edited:

realvanyek

Reaction score
ok, i solved it, it was just because of automatic backups

thanks to everybody who tried to help me

Last edited: