Can your hardware run that game?

guide

Reaction score
usually i like big network sites for gaming, they offer comprehensive advice about pc hardware

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
A vulnerability has been discovered in the ActiveX control used to provide this service: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/bulletins/security_bulletin_1.html. Either visit http://www.canyourunit.com/ to receive an updated version, or remove it using the Add/Remove Programs functionality. An update available through WindowsUpdate will make a registry change and set the kill bit. After the kill bit is set, the control can never be loaded, even when it is fully installed. Setting the kill bit makes sure that even if a vulnerable component is introduced or is re-introduced to a system, it remains inert and harmless.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Thanks for this update. I updated Vista and the rest of my comps last night so I guess it's time to change software.

blitzkrieg

Reaction score
This is a good test but from my personnal experience you should always try the game with the demo version before chosing... a lot of games can run below the "minimal settings" not so bad or others will barely run on minimal settings... so a good test is better than everything else.

whitewasp17

Reaction score
Thanks for the link I have been looking for something like this for a while!
Becuase Steam does not have demos for all of there games. So now I can use this to check my system Thanks a Bunch!

Just tried this on opera and it does not work.!
So... I guess use firefox

Last edited:

tridge

Reaction score
even demo versions are usually less taxing then the full versions...Although it is a good start.

xaoskitty

Reaction score
...wiw thanks for the link... \:D/
Edit:
it doesn't run on google chrome..? :(

Last edited:

comette1

Reaction score
You can try testing for Battlefield 2142.

Also a very intense game on your Video Card would be Medal of Honor.

The new one that is!

gwen203

Reaction score
I had to by a new Video card to play Crysis, Crysis is one of the most demanding games out there. I got an GeForce xfx 9600 ... i think...

bioraft

Reaction score
Yeah, is a nice web site, but the problem is in the fact, sometimes we need more not just for the games runs, the problem is it will the game will run smothly...