Canada: Internet Piracy Capital?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
The last I checked (probably a year ago), Canada was North America's piracy central since they apparently didn't have any law stating it was illegal to download such things but was illegal to upload them. I'm not sure if that was how it went or not, and I'm also not sure if this has changed or not.

But yes, a lot of piracy goes on in China and Russia from what I hear. Sweden used to be a huge pirate capital but ever since The Pirate Bay trial went on and ISPs started getting demands from the government to cut off people's lines who pirate, that has pretty much changed.

whitebus

Reaction score
Well our police here do seem to rate "pirated" materials like marijuana... if you only carry enough for your own personal use, they'll leave you alone.

Zangetsu

Reaction score
if they want to prevent piracy they have to shut down the internet even then they wont be able to prevent it

livecityrp

Reaction score
From what I've read, it seems to mostly be India and France... wierd combination, but still

bookworm99

Reaction score
I'm guessing the study doesn't take things like proxies and remote servers into account... I always guessed the most piracy was in China and Eastern Europe; that's where a lot of spam comes from.

abhishekp

Reaction score
Here in my country, India pirated movies are available on disks on roadside even on major streets. Cam rips, Dvd rips etc etc.... And its no big deal. I have even seen police people buying those disks. Go to ebay.in and you can buy pirated software for fraction of the price and yes, it will be mentioned as pirated.

Last edited:

f1lt3rh34d

Reaction score
Here in my country, India pirated movies are available on disks on roadside even on major streets. Cam rips, Dvd rips etc etc.... And its no big deal. I have even seen police people buying those disks. Go to ebay.in and you can buy pirated software for fraction of the price and yes, it will be mentioned as pirated.

awesome