Cannot access FTP ftp@tv2.x10hosting.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

echo_unlimited

Reaction score
Help meh please.

ftpaccounterror2hq.jpg

Thats what Happens when I go here: ftp@tv2.x10hosting.com
The Link just sends to me to that big picture above so I bassicly cannot access it......My freind on another computer can access it.. but I can't can some one help meh out :(

If you require more information be sure to say so......

Woolie

Reaction score
have you tried using a different client? i had that trouble the other day. Changed and it worked. Also, it seems to be saying a secure connection. Have you set your account up to accept annonymus connections? If so log in with ur username and cPanel password. Also you could just use cpanel lol

Woolie

Reaction score
To be honest, I don't use FTP anymore. I mean it's good if you quickly want to access files or if you want to let other people have access, but i think it's bext to zip the files and unzip them using cPanels file manager. It's a lot quickre if you have multiple files. Thats my suggestion

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
"Why would I repeat myself"...

It's the first time I posted?

Going to a URL scheme using a different protocol other then HTTP will load whatever program is assigned to it. In most cases that is the browser it's self, but other times it can be an FTP client.

Anyways, how the hell did I repeat myself?

Jordan K

[B]tags dont work:([/B]
Reaction score
NedreN said:
"Why would I repeat myself"...

It's the first time I posted?

Going to a URL scheme using a different protocol other then HTTP will load whatever program is assigned to it. In most cases that is the browser it's self, but other times it can be an FTP client.

Anyways, how the hell did I repeat myself?

You do not need ftp. when you already have ftp://, you repeated ftp functions. Even though you say different URL schemes would open programs other than a browser (if you have one installed) you included the ftp:// tag aswell so it would have loaded it in the client too. Hence you can turn that off and I have an ftp:// client installed and it doesn't load it for me when I FTP through IE.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
You need the ftp subdomain at all times, in a ftp client or browser..

Last edited:

Jordan K

Reaction score
What browser are you using? interesting I drop the ftp. everytime i connect even when im at other peoples houses

Jordan K

Reaction score
LOL ---

meh i dont think ive ever tried it on ffox, but i have friends that use **** Ive never even heard of

*Edit: i think one even uses aol browser lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.