Resolved Cannot change password

akesox10

Prime Account
Reaction score
I've tried changing it in my account -get the success message, but the new password doesn't work, the old one does. Also tried the reset link - got the email but the link just directs to the log in page and I'm back in the admin page with no option to update password. I tried the new password with and without special characters.
So neither option works.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I might be wrong but someone posted in another thread,

"You should not change the account password through DirectAdmin, it will resync when you login through the SSO panel to what you have there. With the new panel that is in development you will be able to change password."

garrettroyce mentioned this in another post..

"I think you can use the forgotten password link to change your password, that seems to work."

paid accounts might be different and they might get more timely replies,
if they contact support to reset passwords.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I am assuming the prime account is a paid account.
(currently im not aware of the available packages x10 has)
but have you tried opening a support ticket ?
maybe they can work with you to change it.

akesox10

Prime Account
Reaction score
@spacresx They did away with the paid "Prime" level and converted it to a free account. So don't think I can submit a ticket.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
sorry my mistake, i recall another post about prime accounts.
hopefully garrettroyce or another support member can help you,
will just need to be patient and wait for them.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Try using the forgotten password feature. I'm not sure what's going on with the change password.

akesox10

Prime Account
Reaction score
Thanks @garrettroyce -

I've tried that a few times and get the email, but it just redirects to the account admin page with the same result.

akesox10

Prime Account
Reaction score
Tried the reset link yet again, and this time pasted the link from the email into an incognito window and it worked. Didn't use a special character in pw this time. So not sure if it was because special characters aren't allowed in pw's or there was a conflict in the browser session.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Sorry, you are correct about some special characters being blocked. This is a requirement of DirectAdmin and it isn't clearly stated. I will take this into consideration with the new account panel design.