Cannot connect to licensing server

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdatab

Reaction score
Well i installed one of the site builder scripts from fantastico named ProEdition . And after installing and logging into the admin panel i get the following error :

Error: Cannot connect to licensing server.

Possible Cause A

Certain required php functions are disabled in your server configuration. Specifically, check to make sure socket connections (i.e. fsockopen) and the shell_exec() function are both enabled. If this is not an option due to security restrictions, etc, then you can alternatively install php's curl library and this routine will use a curl connection instead of a socket connection. The fact that you are looking at this error message means the check for curl support failed AND the socket connect method failed.
Possible Cause B

The server on which your website resides has a firewall that is blocking socket connections such as the one employed here to pull down the license key for your domain.
The specific domains that this software requires access to are 'securexfer.net' and 'auto.securexfer.net'. If these domains are blocked, you typically just have to add them to the firewall's "allow list" to elimitate this issue entirely.

I've changed the chmods , And currently php version selected is PHP 5.2.4 - Intermediate Ver . So what should i do to get rid of this error? Please help...

Homeless2

Reaction score
Assuming x10 allows you to run shell commands (unlikely), you will need to upgrade your php level.

Chris73

Reaction score
We do not allow shell access on free servers for security reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.