Cannot delete a database

Status
Not open for further replies.

epoclaen

Reaction score
Hi,
I have 3 databases listed under "MySQL@databases". When trying to delete the epoclaendatabase it says that the database has been deleted but after hitting the "Go Back" link it still shows up in "MySQL@databases". It also shows up in phpMyAdmin. Interestingly, it does not include the pre-cursor of "{account name}_" like epoclaen_phpnews and epoclaen_serendipity do.

Could an admin please delete this for me or is there a way to do this myself?

Thanks,
Jeff

epoclaen

Reaction score
Thanks Corey, I'll just wait until Wednesday to see if the cPanel release has the bug fixed then and re-open this thread if I still have issues.

epoclaen

Reaction score
I waited until the end of the day but no luck - I tried to delete the epoclaen database through MySQL Databases and it's still there.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I had to push the cPanel update to tomorrow night.

I'll administratively remove the database for you now though.

-Corey

epoclaen

Reaction score
I hope this didn't break anything but I manually deleted the database myself using PHP and MySQL. It appears to have worked just fine seeing as Fantastico recognizes that I have just the 2 databases now. For those with the same issue, here is the code (Corey, scream if this info is bad so I can remove it).

Code:
<?php
$dbhost = 'localhost';
$dbuser = 'username';
$dbpass = 'password';

$conn = mysql_connect($dbhost, $dbuser, $dbpass) or die                      ('Error connecting to mysql');

$dbname = 'databasename';
mysql_select_db($dbname);
$query  = 'DROP DATABASE databasename';
$result = mysql_query($query);
mysql_close($conn);
?>

Status
Not open for further replies.