cannot get ASP.Net to run after folloing "how to get asp.net to work at x10hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

szhockeykidd

Reaction score
Re: cannot get ASP.Net to run after folloing "how to get asp.net to work at x10hostin

I tried that one after my site did not work. I did not see that fix but i will try. it shouldnt matter though right, because i tried my own site too.

zapzack

Reaction score
Re: cannot get ASP.Net to run after folloing "how to get asp.net to work at x10hostin

Well since the servers use mono, it might make a difference. I don't code asp.net so I'm not sure..

rhumbaflappy

Reaction score

I also posted about not being able to get ASP.net working at my website a while back.

Here's the down-low:

You will not get it to work. The problem is at the server, and the admins are either unable or unwilling to get it working. My support was closed, even though there was never a resolution to the problem. There are many others that also do not have mono ( Linux asp.net ) working for free accounts.

My server is boru. There may be some servers that are working for .aspx... but if yours isn't working now, then it probably never will.

I really like x10hosting! But ASP.net just doesn't work for most free accounts.

Unless you truly need it, I would suggest learning PHP or some other server-side programming that does work here, and use JavaScript for browser-side programming. That's a good combo that will work with servers running Apache ( 50-60% of all internet servers ).

Personally, I think it is a bit difficult for x10hosting to offer any support for ASP.net as their service uses Apache and must rely on a mono implementation for it.

Sorry for the bad news.

I do have a free account at http://www.somee.com/ that does work with ASP.net running on an up-to-date MS server environment. But you'll have ads on your free account, and your site must be visited at least 5 times per month.

Dick

Last edited:

szhockeykidd

Reaction score

Thank you very much for some type of response. I can code in PHP and that is what most of my sites are. I love toying around with different languages and I understand asp nicely. I am personally just sick of doing localhost viewing and not be able to make them live. I do love x10hosting too.

Status
Not open for further replies.