cannot login via frontpage

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleepingferret

Reaction score
frontpage asks for my username/password, but never accepts it. it always returns with the login box again and then says the location may be unavailable, password protected, or the filename contains a / or \.

domain: nilrpg.exofire.net
cpanel uid: admpiett
server: ciroc

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Login to your cPanel and install the front page extensions.

-Corey

sleepingferret

Reaction score
i had installed the extensions before trying to login using frontpage. in fact, i've made a few attempts at uninstalling and re-installing them. still gives the same error.

Ben B

Reaction score
I to am having the same problem, i used to be able to use frontpage extensions but recently the password box just reappears after i have already entered it. can someone help, i have already tried un installing and installing them again

site: theandrewmayshow.exofire.net
cpanel username: theams

Thanks

Ben B

sleepingferret

Reaction score
I don't mind using FTP for uploading pages. In fact, I rarely use frontpage for anything more than just an easier way to quickly design pages. I hand edit code when I need to and only use a few actual components that rely on the extensions themselves.

And while I'd like to be able to just update the entire site on the fly by being logged in via frontpage directly to my site, I'm willing and capable of using FTP for uploading.

The only question is, will components that require the extensions still work if I upload all associated files via FTP? Or do they require you to do "live" editing to function?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not really sure, I can try a few things in a bit but no one officially supports frontpage extensions any more so if they don't work all I can do is reconfigure them and hope they do.

Everyone should just switch from FP :)

-Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.