Cannot send email from form

Status
Not open for further replies.

erniehan

Reaction score
I have a user fillable form on my site, an i was able to send email from it just once, now it does not work. Can anyone help me figure out why it is not working?

thank you its currently hosted at http://http://sykopath.x10host.com/Contact-Us/
I am trying to perform the same task. Have not been able to make it work once. is there a path name or setting that has to be changed? in cPanel there is the following path:
Path to sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail

Must I add this somewhere?
I am using the following code in PHP:

$to = "ernie_hansen@xxxxxxxx.net";
$subject = "TEST";
$message = "ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ";
$header = "bcc:ernie_hansen@xxxxxxxx.net\r\n";
$mailsend = mail($to,$subject,$message,$header);

Like your domain name. Cool! Should I use PHPBB? if so how?

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Emails that just say "test" or that don't have a message content that looks like message content (or that look exactly like a spam pattern) are silently discarded by the outbound spam filter. Try a test message that looks real.

erniehan

Reaction score
I have seen in other posts that I may need to upgrade my version of php. Is that true?

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
No. Changing your PHP version (which would be a downgrade, not an upgrade) is sometimes necessary to use code that has since been deprecated or removed from PHP, such as when you're using a very old script. PHP's mail() function works as expected in the default version on the Free Hosting servers.

erniehan

Reaction score
I want to thank you for your help. I have a few questions. When the next version of php is installed, will my code still work? What URL can I go to, to find what the latest version of php will have? Yes, My code works. I added a "From:" to the header and it worked. I am being blocked at the receiving end. I was sending the email to my Yahoo account and it never arrived. I changed the "to" address to my 10X account and it worked fine. Another puzzle. Why is it blocked at Yahoo?

Again Thanks very much for your help. I really appreciate your responses.

Last edited:

erniehan

Reaction score
Thank you, caftpx10. I discovered that I can send email within my own x10 domain. However if I send to my Yahoo or Gmail accounts, the email fails to appear. I surmise from this that the x10 domain may be blocked. Have you had similar experiences? Would appreciate hearing about any experiences you have had. Thank you for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.