Can't Access Backups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
The R1 CPanel backups are broken again. When I click the link in CPanel, I get:

You are attempting to log into your cPanel backups from xo5.x10hosting.com.
If you think you are seeing these messages in error, please contact your Backup Manager administrator.

If I attempt to sign into the box, it still does not work. It seems like the backup system always has something wrong with it.

Reaction score
I am getting frustrated now. I have never had this much of an issue with the support here before. It has been over a week, and I have not heard one word! I have been bumping this thread for improved visibility. And I even emailed a staff member, but got no reply. I don't know what to do, maybe I will post another thread with a better title.

Having backups of data is a basic necessity for running a website. I can't do it myself, because you have remote MySQL blocked. So I need you to take responsibility for fixing this backup system.

Thank you.

caftpx10

Reaction score
You could try making manual backups meanwhile if you really need to make backups of the data as soon as possible and okay with manual restoration.
Not sure what is going on with the backup tool. As you said, it has been having issues consistently..

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
I can't do it myself, because you have remote MySQL blocked
that is not true
you can use phpMyAdmin export -or backup app for a CMS -or a PHP script....
###

So I need you to take responsibility for fixing this backup system.
from x10hosting's Terms of Service (TOS)
Backups are the sole responsibility of the customer. x10Hosting retains and offers backups to the customer but does not guarantee this service from failure

Reaction score
that is not true
you can use phpMyAdmin export -or backup app for a CMS -or a PHP script....
###

from x10hosting's Terms of Service (TOS)

Of course they do "not guarantee this service from failure" for liability reasons. But it still should be fixed in a reasonable amount of time. Is there some way to open a ticket with them?
Thanks for the idea. I guess I can backup that way, but it's not very flexible.

Status
Not open for further replies.