Can't access FTP anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

shervinemami

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been using FileZilla to access my (free) site through FTP for about 1 year, but suddenly it doesn't work anymore! I was using plain FTP (not secure FTP) with these settings:

Host: shervinemami.co.cc
Port: default (21 ?)
User: shervin

It was working perfectly until a few days ago when it stopped working, saying:

Code:
Status:    Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response:    220 ProFTPD 1.3.3c Server (ProFTPD) [::ffff:69.175.122.178]
Command:    USER shervin
Response:    331 Password required for shervin
Command:    PASS ********
Error:    Could not connect to server
It doesn't seem to be a FTP client issue or password issue, because if I open a DOS cmd prompt (on WinXP) and run "telnet shervinemami.co.cc 21", then if I enter a fake username or fake password then it says "530 Login incorrect", but if I enter the correct username and password then it just says "Connection to host lost".

I have tried many other combinations, such as username "shervin@shervinemami.co.cc" or "shervin@ftp.shervinemami.co.cc" as well as to the host "ftp.shervinemami.co.cc" instead of just "shervinemami.co.cc", but these all give the same types of errors.

I have also tried following the guide on the cPanel FTP page saying that for SFTP I should use SFTP on port 768, but that also does not work for any of the name combinations I mentioned above.

I can still access my files through the web-based File Manager on cPanel, but its quite inconvenient to not have FTP anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.