Can't Access my Website, am I being BLOCKED?

pintwin173

Reaction score
- Can't access my website from my network
- Can't reach my x10 server (x13) from my network
- ping fails
- I CAN easily access website and x10 login panel using a proxy with my ISP, or via another ISP.

Screen Shot 2024-05-04 at 8.13.58 AM.png
Screen Shot 2024-05-04 at 8.10.42 AM.png

- Plenty of others users can access it (mostly bots), see here as example
- I could view website and log into server temporarily by changing my DNS Resolver from Cloudflare and cloning the router's MAC Address (this no longer works)
- traceroute shows the connection gets to Chicago' server, then SingleHop's server, then hangs

traceroute to unsolicited.elementfx.com (198.91.81.13), 64 hops max, 72 byte packets
1 thru 11 = From my router and then working its' way through my ISP
12 border3.et-7-0-2-bbnet4.chg.us.unitasglobal.net (64.94.32.70) 36.412 ms 41.661 ms 37.105 ms ==> Chicago
13 inapvoxcust-lag.border3.chg.us.unitasglobal.net (64.74.106.114) 37.283 ms 37.835 ms 39.388 ms
14 agg1.c13.r05.s101.chi03.singlehop.net (67.212.190.250) 73.820 ms 72.418 ms 70.115 ms ==> x10 hosting
15 aswg1.c09.r05.s101.chi03.singlehop.net (67.212.183.74) 40.113 ms 38.506 ms 39.850 ms
16 * * * ==> hangs
17 * * *

After checking & resetting numerous settings at my end I've contacted my ISP multiple times to ask if there's a problem at their end.
So far, plenty of reassurances, but no meaningful response (typical for my ISP).

Is there a problem with X10Hosting, specifically x13 server? I've noticed Forum Support was completely unavailable and no new free hosting clients are being accepted, I presume due to "quarterly maintenance.

Perhaps there's an issue with x13? Is my IP being blocked by x10 and/or my ISP? Something else?

Any help you can provide would be appreciated, as it would help narrow the target of my frustration. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

pintwin173

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. I did see the post your cited prior, and that solution worked temporarily.

So, just to confirm before I notify my ISP, x10 hosting does not have an IP Block in place for my IP Address(es) to prevent access to x13.
Is this correct?

Thanks again.

ctyrd

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. I did see the post your cited prior, and that solution worked temporarily.

So, just to confirm before I notify my ISP, x10 hosting does not have an IP Block in place for my IP Address(es) to prevent access to x13.
Is this correct?

Thanks again.
I will bring your request up via discord. What is your ISP? Are you changing your browser DNS server? VPNs and proxies are prohibited. There is an issue with x10 nameservers, at the moment. May be causing your issue.

Last edited:

pintwin173

Reaction score
What is your ISP? --> Xfinity Comcast

Are you changing your browser DNS server? --> Have tried both browser DNS choices (Cloudflare & NextDNS) from within the browser, and turning off the browser's DNS and specifying my own (Quad9, OpenDNS, Google) in my Network Settings.

VPNs and proxies are prohibited. --> I don't use a VPN. While I can reach the site and x10 login via a proxy I don't attempt to log in using one.

There is an issue with x10 nameservers, at the moment. --> Indeed. I can't get to x10 either, but I'm on x13, so didn't think they were related.

...May be causing your issue. --> Wouldn't surprise me: Further inspection of my traceroute *suggests* a problem w/ SingleHop, and it looks like I'm getting through Comcast's networks Ok, but Xfinity hasn't gotten back to me on this.

Could it also be a combination of behaviour by X10 and Xfinity?

ctyrd

Reaction score
My site is on x13 also. I can access and login the client panel and control panel No blocks.

I can navigate to your site.
So from what you said: " - I CAN easily access website and x10 login panel using a proxy with my ISP, or via another ISP." and from your other posts for a time then you have to change IP. So yes it sounds like you're being blocked. There has been no response from the request submitted on discord.

I would blame it on https://www.proxysite.com/ look like a web vpn. Hopefully you will get a response soon.

Last edited:

pintwin173

Reaction score
That's encouraging, here's hoping resolving that issue [UPDATE: ie: "an issue with x10 nameservers"] fixes my problem.
Any ETA on a resolution? If not, I'll try accessing my site / login tomorrow.

Thx.

Last edited:

pintwin173

Reaction score
I would blame it on https://www.proxysite.com/ look like a web vpn.

IMHO I wouldn't blame the proxy service at all, here's why (and I welcome enlightenment if I'm missing something):

- I can't reach my site or login screen with my IP because of incorrectly configured network settings between me and the destination.
- The "incorrect" settings could be accidental or intentional, perhaps by anyone between me and the destination, including me.
- I may have done something accidentally, but not intentionally, because I want to reach the site.
- The problem existed before I invoked a proxy and using proxy gave me access. Obviously I wouldn't use one to log into x10.
- The proxy doesn't care if I reach the site or not, they have no skin in the game, they're just a messenger.

As I've mentioned previously, I've done numerous things at my end to troubleshoot and resolve, none of which has resulted in a permanent fix.
- Actions include pings, traceroutes, DNS flushing, resetting the browser to defaults, updating the browser, modem resets, router firmware update, network settings resets, different DNS Servers, various security settings on the OS / browser / router / antivirus software, disabling anti-virus software, MAC Cloning, and removing the router (modem only).

- MAC Cloning with a 3rd-party DNS Server and browser DNS disabled provided a temporary fix (for about a day).
- Disconnecting the modem from the internet overnight and then powering back up gave access to the site for about 5 seconds, then the screen went blank.

- traceroute shows I can reach SingleHop (that's X10) but cannot make the last connection to my site. It also suggests my request is successfully getting through my ISP (but I'm not smart enough to know if my ISP might be doing something to it as it passes through :-(
- tests using google suggest my ISP isn't blocking 3rd-party DNS Servers (at least not Google)

Multiple requests to my ISP and to x10 have been of no help (and have taught me my ISP's offshore Customer Service is useless).
I am attempting to contact my ISP's Technical Support directly via their forum and by phone instead of online chat with (I presume) India.

In the meantime if you could let me know when your "issue with x10 nameservers" is resolved that would help.

Thanks