Unable to connect to server

Chpol

Reaction score
Using the address https://antix.x10.mx or using ftp, the domain is inaccessible.

Has it been deleted?

I viewed it on April 24 without any problem. It contains detailed French documentation for antiX Linux distribution.
I don't feel I've broken any Free Hosting rules. If I've made a mistake, I'm prepared to change a misinterpreted text, but as these are technical documents, not commercial ones, I don't think that's the case.

Is there anything I can do to restore this site, or at least to recover files on this site?

I hope you can help me recover this work.

Chpol

Reaction score
I can still access antix.x10.mx. Has to be a local isp issue. Any error when you login here: https://x10hosting.com/panel ?
Have you tried isp router/modem restart?
Thank you, you're right.
It's a DNS server block. I changed mine to Cloudflare, and I've got my site back.

Quad9 (9.9.9.9 149.112.112.112) has been strangely blocking the x10.mx domain in my country since April 24. x10hosting.com is not blocked by Quad9.

Thank you for your promptness (and for the good analysis).

ctyrd

Reaction score
Thank you, you're right.
It's a DNS server block. I changed mine to Cloudflare, and I've got my site back.
So your ISP DNS Server would not work either? I have access to the Google Chrome option to change name servers. So you changed the dns name servers on your isp router/modem? I use a mobile phone, always wondered how that worked.
nameservers.png

Chpol

Reaction score
I use a laptop. I change the default configuration to use a faster DNS server in the Internet connection configuration. I don't touch the router configuration so as not to block the whole family's internet.
For a smartphone, I guess it's in the advanced Wi-Fi configuration. Or in the browser, as you think.

The default configuration given by the ISP is often very slow. What's more, in France, our ISPs block several sites: I don't use them, but I want it to be my choice.
Quad9 is normally very good, as are CloudFlare and Cisco OpenDNS Home. For some sites, with lots of small images, it really makes a difference. (So Custom name servers, and for example, 1.1.1.1 1.0.0.1 using Cloudflare with IPv4 or 2606:4700:4700::1111 2606:4700:4700::1001 with IPv6)

Last edited: