can't add database

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindsey

Reaction score
I don't understand. I have the x10Corporate package plan which has 5 mysql databases, but when I tried to create a database in my control panel, it wouldn't let me. What's up? How do I create databases, because I can't have a live site without a database to run my script from.... I use joomla!

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
There are problems with the servers at the time, it could be that. My site is fully down.

Lindsey

Reaction score
aaorozco said:
There are problems with the servers at the time, it could be that. My site is fully down.

i started looking at the details to my account in the email i received, my control panel says that i have 0/0 mysql and the email says that it's a static package, but i applied for corporate, could it be that x10 mistakenly gave me the lowest package available? I mean, when you apply for one package, that's the one that you should get, not you apply for one, get another, then have to request an upgrade or something, i don't have time to sit around a wait for a reply when i should already have the corporate package, especially when you've only got 2 weeks to get the site up in the first place... i can't have anything up until i've got at least 1 database, though i would certainly use more than that...

Lindsey

Reaction score
oh, sorry about the double post, i see now that auto create accounts has been limited to static plans... so i guess i get to request an upgrade and then sit around and wait for them to either approve or deny me and i've got less than a week to get it all up

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
That's what I was about to tell you, request an upgrade and I'm sure by tomorrow one of the mods will upgrade your account to Corporate.

Lindsey

Reaction score
really stinks that i have to wait until tomorrow though, but i guess i have no choice... i wish i would have known all of this when i first applied via the main site... hopefully a mod will see this and it could be added to the info for when you apply.. i mean, why have the ability to apply for the different packages if you're only going to get static no matter what? i understand having the info there, but it should be noted that all new accounts are for static packages only and a request for an upgrade must be made before receiving an advanced package

thanks for the quick reply though! so far everyone here has been very helpful and nice! :D

Last edited:

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
They stoped Advanced and Corporate account registration because there were many abusers and spammers, and if someone really wanted an Advanced or Corporate account, he/she would have to make an effort and wait till he/she gets upgraded. They were recieving between 250 and 400 account registrations daily, I guess.

Last edited:

Lindsey

Reaction score
oh wow! hey, at least that means they're popular and in high demand!

Stiv_

Banned
Reaction score
yip theyre def the most famous goin at the minute! as for the upgrade am sure itll be morethan a day cn as the admins are more concerned about the vip paying users who are also down? might take longer than that! i havnt seen an admin on for days! seen a mod like, replied to a few of my posts but no admins! either way, as we all no vip's r more important than we are so guess we jus have to sit tight and wait! theres aload i need doin to my site aswell which ive been handicapped by for ages, gets annoying but nothing ya can do about it, eh?

Lindsey

Reaction score
Stiv_ said:
yip theyre def the most famous goin at the minute! as for the upgrade am sure itll be morethan a day cn as the admins are more concerned about the vip paying users who are also down? might take longer than that! i havnt seen an admin on for days! seen a mod like, replied to a few of my posts but no admins! either way, as we all no vip's r more important than we are so guess we jus have to sit tight and wait! theres aload i need doin to my site aswell which ive been handicapped by for ages, gets annoying but nothing ya can do about it, eh?
knowing my luck, they'll get my upgrade done or decide not to do it in the first place because I don't have an active site up within the 2 weeks frame, which it took them over a week just to activate it, then i had a hospital stay of 3 days and just got out yesterday and find out just what's up. i mean, i really would like this host, but i'm not going to pay for something unless i check it out free trial version, if you know what i mean, i used to pay over 20 bucks a month for my host, but when i switch i go as cheap as possible if not free outright to see how the support is, since it's been less than a day, i'm rather accomodating and i've heard a lot of good things about this host, regardless of the posts on this forum, so i'm hoping that i don't have too high of expectations

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
Don't worry about having you're site up, they're very busy with all this server downs. They can't check sites now, because all is down, but as soon as it comes up again, upload all your files, or at least put the ads on everything that is gonna be online.

Stiv_

Banned
Reaction score
aaorozco said:
Don't worry about having you're site up, they're very busy with all this server downs. They can't check sites now, because all is down, but as soon as it comes up again, upload all your files, or at least put the ads on everything that is gonna be online.

im sure the 2 weeks hasnt started yet anyway until the servers r up and running, dont think theyd expect u to have your site up when u cant even access it. yopur right anyways aaorozco, im sure that theyre more worried about the ads being up in the 2 weeks rather than a full active site, dont think anyone cud have a fully active site with members or aload a visitors daily in that space a time. btw lindsey luv, 20 bucks for hosting! u not think thats abit much just to be hosted? i no i wouldnt pay that! thats why im looking into buying a brand new server from http://www.hardware.com/search_category.asp?category=AA2&current_page=1&start_page=1&Type=New to host my own and friends of mine or maybe get a few clients myself, just an idea that me and my uncle are going to look in at in the not to distant future!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.