Can't Change CPanel Password

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkX3536

Reaction score
Hi, I tried using the Reset Password link here, which gave me a link in my email. Tried using that to change my password for CPanel but there is no indication at all whether my password is changed.

What should I do next?

Thanks!

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

There doesn't appear to be a hosting account linked to the forum account you're posting from. What was your cPanel username so I can check for it in the system?

Thanks.

darkX3536

Reaction score
Problem is, I forgot the CPanel username and was trying to get in via my forum details... Tried starting a new hosting account with my forum details but that did not work out too...

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

Why didn't the new account work? It's highly likely any old account(s) were terminated due to inactivity. You should be able to sign up again by going to the account panel at https://x10hosting.com/control/login.php then login with your forum account's email/password, click hosting in the header bar, then follow the links to sign up again.

darkX3536

Reaction score
Hello,

Why didn't the new account work? It's highly likely any old account(s) were terminated due to inactivity. You should be able to sign up again by going to the account panel at https://x10hosting.com/control/login.php then login with your forum account's email/password, click hosting in the header bar, then follow the links to sign up again.

Nope, it's a no go. Kept getting the "Invalid email address or password supplied." message.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

Did you try different email addresses/passwords?

darkX3536

Reaction score
Err... I have only one email address related to x10hosting; not sure how I can go about doing that unless you need me to open a new one...

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
It may be a good idea to sign up for a new email account and try with that. :)

darkX3536

Reaction score
It may be a good idea to sign up for a new email account and try with that. :)

Hmm... If that works, I will most probably bid this account farewell... =X

EDIT: Ok, I have opened a new email account and used that to get myself a hosting account successfully. Only gripe about that is how it assigns me a forum nick, but I guess that will be another problem for another day...

So, I will like to know why new accounts will work while this account would'nt...

Last edited:

darkX3536

Reaction score
Oh yes, just found out that I can re-link this forum account to my new hosting account... Is that ok despite their different email accounts?

darkX3536

Reaction score
I see... And the newly created forum account will just be "discarded", right?

PS: Seems to me this is a widespread problem actually...

darkX3536

Reaction score
Ok, I have just done the relink but I am unable to change the contact email for my hosting account back to what it was previously... Any solutions for that?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Are you not able to click on your hosting details in your account panel and change the email from there?

Edit: The correct location to do this is to click on Account at the navigation bar at the top, and then click on the link for Update Contact Details.

Last edited:

darkX3536

Reaction score
That was what I tried, which failed. I got a "The email address supplied is already in use." message.

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

I have made sure the email is no longer used by my new forum account in case you are wondering...

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

Simply put, I want both of my forum accounts (this one and the newly created one) and my hosting account to have their separate email accounts, with the hosting account linked to this forum account

Is this possible?

Last edited:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
It looks like to me that you're saying that you want your email address for the forum account darkX3536 and the email address for hosting account linked to it to be different. Is that correct? Because if it is, that's impossible, I'm afraid. That's how the accounts are linked together in the system, and it needs only that one email to be able to login with as a username to your account panel https://x10hosting.com/control/login.php.

darkX3536

Reaction score
That's right... Looks like I have to designate one of the email addresses for hosting purposes with the other being autoforwarded or something.

Thanks for your help!

PS: Would be good if separate email accounts are allowed for security reasons; if one email address goes down, both hosting and forum accounts won't go down with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.