Can't connect to MySQL externally

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadimp

Reaction score
I've setup my computer's IP address as an accepted host on the cPanel (got the IP using $_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"] on a script, so the IP viewed by the MySQL server should be the same), and I've tried to connect to the server but SQLyog says that it cannot.

Hosts tried: deadimp.x10hosting.com, deadimp.org, x10hosting.com
Port: 3306

I just used phpMyAdmin on cPanel to import a database, and everything worked perfectly.

Last edited:

Cynical

Reaction score
Have you tried using the wildcard character (%) instead of a specific host?

deadimp

Reaction score
I just tried using % as an access host, and I'm still unable to connect. I'm going to go ahead and upload my site, and see how it fares using localhost, though I'm sure it'll work since phpMyAdmin did.

There error doesn't say anything about access or priviledges, just that I can't connect. Is there some sort of time period in which the server accounts for the remote access hosts, or is it immediate?
Edit:
I've just uploaded and configured my site (after procrastinating a while), and everything's working fine through localhost.
However, I still prefer to do my editing using SQLyog.

Last edited:

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Try using the server's IP address - 75.126.218.59.

The firewall may be blocking your IP address also, so post back if it's not working to let me know and I can 'unblock' it.

deadimp

Reaction score
It didn't work with that ip address, nor 75.126.223.196, which was what I got when I ping'd deadimp.org.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Is the IP address that you just made that post with the one which you're trying to use to connect to the server with? (x.192.112.67)

I'll allow it through the firewall.

deadimp

Reaction score
Yeah, that's the IP I'm on.
I've just cycled through the two server IP address and deadimp.org and none of those gave me a connection.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Alright I added that IP to the allow file for the firewall, try now.

Status
Not open for further replies.