Can't delete sql db

Status
Not open for further replies.

pball

Reaction score
I imported a db using phpmyadmin and that db doesn't appear in the cPanel MySQL Databases area. So it ends up that I can't delete it. There is no real problem, I made another db named differently and everything works. I'm just picky and don't care for extra stuff laying around.

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Generally, I make a database(blank ofcourse) and then import content.You must have done the same and if that is done the database appears in the database area.Then the authorized user could delete/edit the database.
So check the following
-->You might not have sufficient privilages to use frop database , either give permission from phpmyadmin to user , to drop databse or create a new user give all permission.
If you stuck with the creation..this is how it is

1.go to cpanel - sql wizard
2.add a new database with any name
3.then it will ask you to add db user with password-then give all privilages to that user

after you have created db and user
1.go to phpmyadmin
2.upload your sql file
3.and you are done

I think its giving error bcoz you haven't created db and password
Revert back.

pball

Reaction score
Uh, I don't really understand what that has to do with a db I can't delete.

I'll try explaining again
Inside cPanel - MySQL Databases there is 1 db listed, the good one.
Inside phpmyadmin there are 2 dbs listed, the good one and the one I can't delete.

Some how that bad db isn't listed in the cpanel mysql area so i can't add a user to it or delete it.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
If it isn't causing any harm, or using up your number of allowed databases, I would just ignore it.

Status
Not open for further replies.