Can't edit database

Status
Not open for further replies.

eN0ch

Reaction score
I'm a non-geek generally, and certainly as far as websites are concerned. So please assume I'm a total ignoramus when you answer :) I know the Fris server's having issues, so that may be the entire answer to my question. But anyway .. I'm having a database issue since my site (formerly on Lotus) came back online.

I have two databases. One is a Wordpress blog, the other is a weekly podcast (MP3). I just posted to my blog and it worked perfectly. But I'm not managing to add database entries to my podcast (although I had no trouble uploading the latest episodes and updated feed by ftp). My web developer son set up the site for me a while back, and built his own CMS which is what I mostly use to edit the database, add new episodes etc. I'm just wondering whether the CMS may be incompatible with the new software on the Fris server? Or maybe it will all be fine once the techs have the server bugs ironed out? (But if so, why is the Wordpress blog working?)

Can anyone offer some clues? Thanks.

eN0ch

Reaction score
Thanks. But thus far I can't try your suggestion, as I can't login to the cPanel at all. Every login attempt produces error: "Login Attempt Failed!". I've tried both http......2082 and https.....2083.

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

This is despite having just received a message saying I'm unsuspended and my hosting is now "active"

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
That was because I unsuspended you. Sorry for forgetting to put it in my above post.
I believe the admins are trying to fix the cPanel login issues so hold tight for now.

eN0ch

Reaction score
OK, thanks for that. Clearly I'm not alone with the login issue, so shall await .....

eN0ch

Reaction score
Now that login is working again ....

Tried adding that text to Remote MySQL. But still can't use the CMS. What next?

Thanks.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Try adding Fris's IP to that list too:

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Problem Solved.

********* Thread Closed **********