can't install programs on windows 7

infunity

Reaction score
i tried installing the samsung media studio for my mobile on my windows 7 pc. during installation it showed an error that it can't be installed bcuz i don't have administrator privileges. but my user account is administrator and i can manage other accounts as well.

benb0302

Reaction score
Hi There,

Right click the installer file and click 'Run as Administrator'

:)

krofunk

Reaction score
got it in one ;) ..I will however explain what is happening, windows 7 (like vista) has UAC. It isn't as overkill as vista's UAC but it is still there, and should remain there as it is in place to protect you and your computer from unwanted applications.

In short everything in vista/7 needs permission before it can preform administration tasks.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
It means whoever made the program designed it wrong or didn't update it to work with Vista/Win7 properly. It is supposed to bring up a UAC prompt asking you if you would like to run it. Definitely right click the installer and run it as Administrator. If it still doesn't work, disable UAC temporarily, reboot, install the program, and then re-enable UAC and reboot again.

tomasvv

Reaction score
Try Compatibility Mode (Rigth Click - Properties - Compatibility)

ajibola

Reaction score
I also tried to install a 3G Modem driver from novatell, but the driver almost finishes installing, it even
puts a link on the desktop, but when it has 3 seconds left it begins to roll back. I have tried all compatibility and admin variations, nothing seems to work.

krofunk

Reaction score
Have you looked in your error logs? to access them goto start>control panel>(change to icon view)administrative tools>Event Viewer.

In the new window that appears, click windows logs>application and it will list all events and errors. please post anything that may be causing the problem with your installation.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I also tried to install a 3G Modem driver from novatell, but the driver almost finishes installing, it even
puts a link on the desktop, but when it has 3 seconds left it begins to roll back. I have tried all compatibility and admin variations, nothing seems to work.

Odd question, have you tried manually installing a Vista driver from the Internet (plug in modem, go to Device Manager, install driver, choose ini file)? If the driver being installed isn't compatible with Vista, it won't work in Windows 7. Windows 7 does accept Vista drivers, and I've had to use Vista drivers on some older machines for Win7 and they run perfectly fine.

bloodhound15

Reaction score
@cammeron12

Maybe its the anti virus programm try a different one
i use AVG Internet security it is a good programm
and it has his own firewall

Before buying AVG Internet security try AVG Free

Last edited:

tekkie77

Reaction score
Cammeron12:
Please remember not to bump threads. Thank you! (bump means to start posting off-topic things. EX: A thread on web design. To bump, you would start asking a totally different.) Thank you!