Can't install WordPress right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

abeytia

Reaction score
Okay when I first got my accout months ago I installed WordPress and everything worked correctly. I have used WordPress plenty of times and know it in and out. Last week when I was out of town my site was suspended for being inactive. When I unsuspended it my site was blank. So I went to the Admin Panel and it said my password was wrong. So I tried to get a new one and it wouldn't send. I cleared my tables and went to install again and I get a fatal error at the second step. If I refresh my browser it says I already have it installed. So I go to my home page and it's there. When I got to admin panel and type in admin which is the usual user name it says incorrect user name. I then logged into PHPMyAdmin under the WP Users section and it has no users. I tried to add one but when I go to the admin panel it still says invalid user name. Anyways with that said I need some help. I don't know if perhaps I need my php upgraded but I didn't when I first joined here. PLEASE HELP!

Last edited:

abeytia

Reaction score
Okay I have requested the change. Thank you for your help Sir!

Last edited:

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
No problem.
Once your application gets accepted, it can take up to 6hs for the PHP version to take effect. Please be patient :)

abeytia

Reaction score
Okay well my site is up and running Great! Only problem is I can't use the automatic upgrade plug-in because there's a security set on php it says? Can I apply for Advance PHP Configuration to able to use this?

Last edited:

Synkc

Reaction score
What is the PHP error you're getting?

Last edited:

abeytia

Reaction score
It says that my php security prevents me from being able to use a WP plug-in allowing and automatic upgrade to the newest WP version.

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
You will not be upgraded to PHP Advanced even if you apply for it, unless you get approval from an admin. Please look for other alternatives to upgrading the WP.

abeytia

Reaction score
Okay...I'm sorry to complain but why is it that just recently all this change in PHP happend? For the loingest time I've been able to run WordPress without all this advanced PHP stuff?

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
I'd suggest leaving it as is, if it's working. It's not always suggested to update anyways. An alternative is to download the newest version, and see if it provides an upgrade method.

abeytia

Reaction score
Yeah, tanks for the reply. Actually on one of the other websites I run which is on another host, I upgraded and I don't like the new version. So, looks like I'm okay.

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
Well, it seems this problem is solved.
Feel free to re-open it if you need further assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.