Can't login on Cpanel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I was working on my site via wordpress and I wanted to try some different themes. I finally settled on a theme and decided to edit the header a little to suit my needs (I only commented out the search bar since my site is small and doesn't need it), but when I saved the header file it completely cleared it... Looking for a solution I pretty much only found comments about "reset the theme by deleting it and downloading it again". So I deleted the theme (I didn't do much with it anyway, so I wasn't too bothered with that), but then it started giving errors with the new installation ("can't create folder" errors and stuff like that).

So I decided to try installing it manually via Cpanel and there I'm greeted with this message:

Sorry for the inconvenience!
The filesystem mounted at /home/[username] on this server is running out of disk space. cPanel operations have been temporarily suspended to prevent something bad from happening. Please ask your system admin to remove any files not in use on that partition.

What does that mean? Did I do anything to overload my partition? Or is this a problem with the whole server? I don't really get it though because last time I checked I had less than 50% of the disk in use. I'm assuming that this error is also what's preventing me from reinstalling my wordpress theme though (or installing any other theme for that matter).

btw, I do have stuff on there that I can remove, but I need access to do that. Wordpress doesn't show how much space you're using up, so if I went over any space limits that wasn't intentional.

Edit: Looks like I'm not alone as more messages of people with trouble are popping up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.