Can't login to cpanel and ftp

Status
Not open for further replies.

nroskam

Reaction score
Hi, I've made an account about 13 months ago. Uploaded my website and had it updated a few times. Since you guys however reorganised your servers, I no longer have access to my website. That is I can see it's there via roskam.x10hosting.com, but I can't login to cPanel with user roskam or nroskam, and neither can I get ftp-access. Please help! I can login to my account details with account id MMP1034446.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
If you can get access to the account panel at the x10hosting homepage, you can change your cpanel password from there, and then you can change your ftp password from cpanel.

https://x10hosting.com/control/

nroskam

Reaction score
Hi... thx for your response. I've tried doing as you mentioned, and can successfully change the password, and get a notification that it was successful. For some reason however I can then never use it to login to cpanel nor ftp!? I am using account name 'nroskam', but have also tried 'roskam' and my email address 'niels.roskam@gmail.com'. What am I doing wrong?

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Are you using the correct server's cpanel address? Some accounts were moved between servers without notice, so yours may have changed. You can check in the account panel using the link I posted before.

From the login screen, click view details next to your hosting account username in the top right of the screen, and there should then be buttons linking to your cpanel....see if that works. Remember you'll also need to reset the ftp password from cpanel before using it. :)

nroskam

Reaction score
Hi. Again thx for your help, but I just can't get into the cPanel. It just keeps telling me login attempt failed. Done exactly as you said, and everything seems to be ok. I can get into account management, but it's just that cPanel doesn't allow me in (with the same credentials), with whatever I try. One thing as well, is that my pending account actions says:

Hosting Password Update: submitted October 3 at 2:17 pm [Fy0aBPgXXdj4]
action status: Process wait
information: Update to your hosting account password.

I've pressed the update button as well, but after even waiting for a night, seems like no change to the status!? Anyway to get help from technical team of x10hosting?

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Are you on Boru? A few days ago, that server was off for pretty much a whole day, and as I understand it the account queues are backed up quite far. I'm told some requests are taking more than 72 hours while the queue is cleared. Please wait another day or two, and keep checking the pending actions page.

Sorry, but for now at least, you're going to have to wait......:(

nroskam

Reaction score
Thanks... I indeed had to wait for two days, and noticed that my password update request was processed. I've finally got access to my website again for the first time since May (when they did the whole server shuffle and I initially lost my website, and then could no longer login with ftp or cPanel). problem solved, site back online!

Status
Not open for further replies.