Can't Login To cPanel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Is it just me or is everyone having problems logging into cPanel tonight?

Here's what I have done (Or tried to do) so far....

1) Using EVERY name I can think of which I use for this account.
2) Resetting the cPanel Password (After checking to make sure my email was correct)
3) Submitted a Support Ticket (Status here)

I have no problems accessing my website @ http://theleftwingconservative.x10hosting.com/ & (As you can see) I have no problems logging onto the forums.

That all said, here's a little feedback regarding X-10's overall integration system - IT IS FRAGMENTED. As such, I am NOT THE LEAST BIT impressed. :mad:

I realize this is still somewhat a freebie service & I should be thankful for that, but gee whiz guys - show SOME effort in trying to fully integrate the system whereas only needs to login ONCE to access EVERYTHING. *sheesh!*.

Life would be so much easier if you did this.

Other than that, I'm not asking for much else. Just investigate & (If need be) fix the cPanel problem.

Cheers :D

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
We can't view your tickets :p

Your site works for me right now. As for the many logins, it does suck but the problem is CPanel, Vbulletin, and the account panel are all on different databases and I think for security they don't share information between them. The other problem is you can have many paid accounts, but only one forum account.

Cpanel has been iffy today. I use http://stoli.x10hosting.com/cpanel and it works but mysite.x10hosting.com:2082 does not. Replace "stoli" with your server and you should be good to go :)

Reaction score
We can't view your tickets :p
Ohh....Didn't know that.
Your site works for me right now.
As you know, that ain't the problem.
As for the many logins, it does suck but the problem is CPanel, Vbulletin, and the account panel are all on different databases and I think for security they don't share information between them.
Well they should. Afterall, I don't have multiple websites under the same domain. That's impossible as I would have to use subdirectories to do that. Not only that, but full integration would close & eliminate the security loopholes they think aren't there by keeping the system the way it is now.

I'm no security expert, but it doesn't take a genius to figure that the redundant login system we have now just CREATES more headaches than it solves.
The other problem is you can have many paid accounts, but only one forum account.
I only have ONE account per forum account. Simpler that way. :)
Cpanel has been iffy today. I use http://stoli.x10hosting.com/cpanel and it works but mysite.x10hosting.com:2082 does not. Replace "stoli" with your server and you should be good to go :)
I'm on the same server as you & can't login. I'll see if I can't somehow login using one of the other cPanel servers (That is ASSUMING they share the same information.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't know why it wouldn't work. It works for me right now. :(

Reaction score
Turns out I was using ALL BUT ONE username I could think of. That one was the correct one.

But now for some strange reason, I can't even connect to my pages to see if they look okay. I just keep getting Page loading errors.

Weird.....

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
You can verify your cpanel name/change your cpanel password here:

http://x10hosting.com/panel

Where it lists your information, it says "username" for your cpanel username. There is a button on the right for "change your cpanel password"

It also lists your server. kikkko, I'd recommend going to {server name here}.x10hosting.com/cpanel for some reason that seems to work better for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.