Can't login to phpMyAdmin

Alex_Sashnet

Reaction score
Hello,
I need to create Wordpress installation from backup from previous hosting (***.tar.gz file). As I understand I need to login to phpMyAdmin to do so. But when I try to login using my login and password an error appears "Cannot log in to the MySQL server".
What to do?
Thanks!

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    32.6 KB · Views: 5

ctyrd

Reaction score
Do you create the WP installation from your backup or create the WP installation from Softaculous and restore the backup to the new installation via phpMyAdmin?

Alex_Sashnet

Reaction score
Do you create the WP installation from your backup or create the WP installation from Softaculous and restore the backup to the new installation via phpMyAdmin?
I didnt installed anything yet. Just trying to migrate my Wordpress site. I have full site backup in file **.tar.gz with size about 200 Mb.
I also tried to upload backup in MySQL Management, but there is 100 Mb limit (ahh there is only MySQL Database Backup upload as I understand, not full site backup)

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    67.4 KB · Views: 4

Alex_Sashnet

Reaction score
Or I must install clean Wordpress installation from Softaculous and then try to restore from my backup?

ctyrd

Reaction score
I never
Or I must install clean Wordpress installation from Softaculous and then try to restore from my backup?
I "think???" that's the way it's done. Makes sense because the Softaculous installer will create a new database. With username & password. I don't think you can login to the database created for the Directadmin account database, I think DA is a cms of kind.

I still cannot figure how to restore a 200MB, with a 100MB limit. I think you have to decompress and upload via phpmyadmin the individual files. If you figure it out, maybe post back with resolute.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
for future reference,
i am guessing you need to start over with a fresh wordpress install.
depending on your disk size

like it you had 2 gig of drive space and a huge wp site,
you would have to ask for a space increase too
to match the one you had.

but if you didnt have to get an increase id still start fresh