Can't Post New Entry in WordPress in my Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

anoviceyup

Reaction score
For some weird reason, after the system maintenance, I don't seem to be able to make a new post in my WordPress installation. I can log into my WordPress with no problem, view my posts, surf around. When I try to post a new article, everything seems fine. There are no error messages.

But the post never appears on my site. Neither can I view them again in my Manage Posts in WordPress.

Does anyone have any experience with this and knows what can cause this?

If no one has any ideas, I'll just delete everything and restore my database and installation from backup. But it takes a lot of time, so I'm trying to avoid it.

More info: Cpanel error logs has no error messages. My database is set to localhost (else I won't even be able to view my blog).

CPanel username: wptutori
Subdomain name: wptutorial.x10hosting.com
Blog: wptutorial.x10hosting.com/blog/

Thanks - any help or suggestion is appreciated.

Last edited:

kajasweb

Reaction score
Have you checked whether your MySQL User is added to your database with necessary permissions?

anoviceyup

Reaction score
Have you checked whether your MySQL User is added to your database with necessary permissions?

That's what I thought too. But the phpMyAdmin doesn't give me the option to check privileges, so I don't know how to check this.

Is it possible for an administrator to check my MySQL user to make sure it has write access or something? Thanks.

kajasweb

Reaction score
Just remove the MySQL User from your Database and re-add it with necessary permissions.

WeR1Family

Reaction score
Hi!
I have exactly the same problem with my Wordpress!
I can write new post but when i go to that post permalink to view it, it doesnt appear, it says nothing is there.
Not only that, seems like even when i try changing some widgets or plugins at my settings, it doesnt seem to respond (stays the same way before it was). For plugins, this is what it says:
Warning: exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/lonejo05/public_html/blog/wp-content/plugins/pluginstaller/uninstall.php on line 71

Please help admins. I am wondering if it has something to do with the new PHP maintainance
Edit:

Yup, i have tried removing and re-adding the user and making sure i set all privileges on for the user. The problem still persists.

Last edited:

crazywhite1989

Reaction score
Hi!
I have exactly the same problem with my Wordpress!
I can write new post but when i go to that post permalink to view it, it doesnt appear, it says nothing is there.
Not only that, seems like even when i try changing some widgets or plugins at my settings, it doesnt seem to respond (stays the same way before it was). For plugins, this is what it says:
Warning: exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/lonejo05/public_html/blog/wp-content/plugins/pluginstaller/uninstall.php on line 71

Please help admins. I am wondering if it has something to do with the new PHP maintainance
Edit:

Yup, i have tried removing and re-adding the user and making sure i set all privileges on for the user. The problem still persists.

It seems you just made your account. As prior of issues regarding exec() is disable.
  • Login in your x10hosting account http://www.x10hosting.com/account
  • Scroll down to you see PHP version
  • Select Intermediate PHP Configuration (This is exec() allow -- which wordpress needs / state your reasons)
  • Then wait for staff member to approve, then you won't see the error again

Last edited:

anoviceyup

Reaction score
For what it's worth, mine was a different problem. R. Kaja Mohideen was right that it had to do with my MySQL user permissions. I deleted the old user, created a new one with the correct permissions, and everything works fine now.

kajasweb

Reaction score
WeR1Family, Please create a new thread for your issue. I'm closing this one now.

Status
Not open for further replies.