Resolved Can't Receive Emails, Can Send Them :-(

pintwin173

Reaction score
Title describes the problem.

Back in June 2020 I had an email problem which (I believe) was resolved, as I tested it using my other email account on x10hosting and could send/receive.

Unfortunately, I've been informed by other websites they can't verify my email address. I've tested it out using other email servers (Verizon, Yahoo, Gmail, etc.) and I can send to them but not receive from them.

If it helps, this is what I discovered for my website unsolicited.elementfx.com

upload_2021-1-28_10-42-42.png

I'm not good at working under the internet hood, so if you could kindly look at this it would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Pintwin173

pintwin173

Reaction score
I received some emails sent to me about 45 minutes ago, so it *might* be working Ok but I'm not sure.

As I said I'm not web-savvy so if you could confirm it's working Ok it would be appreciated with my thanks, I know you're busy over there.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I know the basic email works, mine does at least.
i just use the basic email@yoursite.com format.
im not concerned with secure email for my free account.
but then im not into the Dmark stuff either so i cant say much on that.

will just have to wait for staff and see what they say.

pintwin173

Reaction score
Thx, spacresx. I believe that's the format I see when I look at my settings.

It's just that the service I use for website statistics keeps asking me to verify my email address, stating they can't reach it (and, I haven't blocked them).

Thx again!

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Are you getting bounce notifications? If your email is not deliverable, your x10 server will tell google and etc. that the email cannot be delivered. Generally, these errors will be turned into an email and then emailed to you within 48 hours with a reason for the error.

Can you see any email when you log in to DirectAdmin and use the mail through Round Cube?

Your mail DNS records (MX records) are correct, which tell mail servers where to send the mail, so it should be coming to your account (technical details here https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=mx:unsolicited.elementfx&run=toolpage )

There still could be a technical problem on the x10 server, so make sure the email address is configured in DirectAdmin properly. You can also delete the email address and add it again to see if this simple reset clears any issues. Please note that when you delete an email address you will lose the files on the server where your emails are stored. This cannot be undone. Save your emails before deleting email accounts.

pintwin173

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, garrettroyce, much appreciated!

Note your link to mxtoolbox.com provided this response:
upload_2021-1-29_15-50-11.png
The image in my OP used the same tool on "unsolicited.elementfx.com".

Note I've had a friend of mine send an email and it took a few minutes but came through, so I'm guessing it's Ok.

Thanks for your help on this and you can close out the task.

Pintwin173