Can't register or login to account

xxxconke

Reaction score
I haven't been on x10hosting for 6 years I don't remember my domain and
when I try login I get the error message "These credentials do not match our records."
And when I try to create an account it says "This email address is already registered to the forum. Please use that user name and password".

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
because you've been away 6 years, any domain or website would have been terminated.
much has changed with x10 hosting in the past 2 years,including the logon.
which is now https://x10hosting.com/login
and instead of cpanel they use DirectAdmin now.

it would be helpful to provide any information you can.
staff would need to help you with this when they get a chance to see your post.

xxxconke

Reaction score
My username was xXXConkerXXx
Gmail was conkergarcia@gmail.com

that's all I can remember my domain could
also have been my username too I mainly
used it to store login register data for a game I had.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
i tried multiple ways but nothing shows up for me,
do you remember a domain name ?

maybe a staff member would have better luck.
i did ask a staff member to look in on this post,
but given the fact of how old the account was its likely been gone for a while now.
you might be better off just creating a new account with a different email..

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't been on x10hosting for 6 years I don't remember my domain and
when I try login I get the error message "These credentials do not match our records."
And when I try to create an account it says "This email address is already registered to the forum. Please use that user name and password".
Did you do as instructed and at that point during sign up enter the existing forum details (user and pass)? It is the step that attempts to register an account on the forums to be linked with your hosting, having a forum account on that email address means you will need to link that up by entering user/pass.

xxxconke

Reaction score
I was finally successful with creating it with my current username xxxconke however is there a way I can change it to xXXConkerXXx? I assume the forum name has a limit to how many characters.Screenshot_20230119-021216.png

xxxconke

Reaction score
Did you do as instructed and at that point during sign up enter the existing forum details (user and pass)? It is the step that attempts to register an account on the forums to be linked with your hosting, having a forum account on that email address means you will need to link that up by entering user/pass.
Thank you for addressing me this suggestion it helped me out a lot.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Actually the forum name doesn't have a limitation, however since it is linked with the hosting and stuff it's not just a matter of changing it in the forums, which is why we don't change usernames on the forums.

The limitation on chars was always with cPanel and I think DirectAdmin have it as well, so that would be why your was cut short as the process used to make the forum and cPanel user the same.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
We're discussing the possibility, we have some users with some odd random names after all. But since it would involve multiple steps and not be possible to automate, it'll not be something we offer right now.