Can't replace images?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmcgowan

Reaction score
I uploaded a free forum script to my website, and then I overwrote their logo image with my own logo image. However, when I view my website I still see their logo image. I checked in the file manager, and when I 'view' the image, I see the new one, and I double checked that I replaced the correct image, but it still shows the old image when I view the page. How is it that a picture that no longer exists in the file manager is displaying on the page?

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I uploaded a free forum script to my website, and then I overwrote their logo image with my own logo image. However, when I view my website I still see their logo image. I checked in the file manager, and when I 'view' the image, I see the new one, and I double checked that I replaced the correct image, but it still shows the old image when I view the page. How is it that a picture that no longer exists in the file manager is displaying on the page?

Try clearing your browser cache, the old image may be stored in your temporary internet files.

If that doesn't work, then could you give us the URL of your website?

And did you change the URL of the image in the actual code, or did you delete the original image and replace it with a new file with the same exact name?

jmcgowan

Reaction score
I did clear the browser cache, and tried accessing it on a different computer that hadn't visited that site before. The site is silentsoldiers.elementfx.com/forums in the upper left is the phpBB logo, where it should be a cropped picture of the US Flag. I replaced the actual file with another file with the same name, but I didn't mess with the code itself because phpBB is a bit complex for me to mess with :biggrin:

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I did clear the browser cache, and tried accessing it on a different computer that hadn't visited that site before. The site is silentsoldiers.elementfx.com/forums in the upper left is the phpBB logo, where it should be a cropped picture of the US Flag. I replaced the actual file with another file with the same name, but I didn't mess with the code itself because phpBB is a bit complex for me to mess with :biggrin:

Are you sure you replaced the correct image? I remember using phpBB in the past, and it has separate folders for themes. You may have replaced the site_logo.gif file for a different theme. Check to make sure you changed the site_logo.gif file in the /styles/prosilver/imageset folder instead of a different folder.

Last edited:

jmcgowan

Reaction score
yeah, that's why I double checked it in the file manager. I ended up with one tab showing the new image from the file manager and another tab with the forum open showing the old image. I had this same problem with non-forum related pages before the server moves / re-creating my account, but since they were my own pages I ended up renaming the new image and editing the code.

Joshua203

Reaction score
hello there,

any chance you forgot to flush phpbb's cache in ACP?

jmcgowan

Reaction score
no, unfortunately not. I refreshed the theme through the ACP several times.

I think I'll spend some time fiddling with it later today and see if I get any better results. I'm still not sure if this is a phpBB thing or an x10 thing. We'll see.

Joshua203

Reaction score
well if i ld refresh anything i ld refresh the imageset i think but most important is the cache wich is not the theme nor the imageset

cache is found in ACP under the first tab

if the above does not help ... the location of the header image is:

\styles\*your style*\imageset\sitelogo_small.png

there should not be any problem doing this so it must be something simple being overlooked ;-)
Edit:
uuhhmm correction ...viewing your site and image.. in your case it should be:

/forums/styles/prosilver/imageset/site_logo.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.