Can't see index.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudleyukip

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to x10 and wonder if you can help me.

About 5 hours ago I uploaded a test page, index.htm, to public_html using FileZilla.

But I keep seeing a page which says, "Great Success ! Apache is working on your cPanel® and WHM™ Server"

http://www.ukipdudley.x10hosting.com/

Suggestions very welcome.

nbwebmaster

Reaction score
Try renaming it to index.html, the same name as the page you're seeing. Renaming it will replace that page.

dudleyukip

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply, nbwebmaster.

I've tried index.htm and index.html but they both show the page:
Great Success ! Apache is working on your cPanel® and WHM™ Server... etc

I've also tried adding a subdirectory to public_html named ukipdudley/ and adding my test page "index.htm" (also tried "index.html") under this new subdirectory - ie

www.ukipdudley.x10hosting.com/ukipdudley/
and
http://ukipdudley.x10hosting.com/ukipdudley/
- but these both return 404s

I'm on Stoli.x10

nbwebmaster

Reaction score
Try to upload the file via cpanel file manager and not filezilla.
EDIT: I can see your index page in the subdirectory.

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
I see it OK in your main page, as well as your subdirectory (though there are no images in either).

Usually people who report your problem of seeing an old page just need to clear their internet cache & reload their page.

Have you done this?

dudleyukip

Reaction score
Many thanks for your replies. I submitted a ticket and got a response back that it was now sorted - they didn't say what the problem had been - I didn't make any further changes, but I can now see my page - so it remains a mystery what caused the problem.

I have a different problem now, though this one I'm sure is due to my own rusty asp skills... but will have to start another thread and hope to reply on your kindness again... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.