Can't upload image files - Failed to write to disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

griff701

Reaction score
I tried to move a blog I have over to my x10 account.....it seemed to work, but uploading images returned a 'failed to write to disk' error

So, I cleaned out all the directories (managed to kill fantastico in the process), did a manual fresh install of WP...... and I'm still getting "Failed to write to disk" errors when I try to upload an image.

As a test I gave wp_content, wp_includes and even wp_admin full 777 and still got the same error.

Everything else seems ok, the images are tiny and I'm no-where near any limit I can find on my account..... anyone have an idea?

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I tried to move a blog I have over to my x10 account.....it seemed to work, but uploading images returned a 'failed to write to disk' error

So, I cleaned out all the directories (managed to kill fantastico in the process), did a manual fresh install of WP...... and I'm still getting "Failed to write to disk" errors when I try to upload an image.

As a test I gave wp_content, wp_includes and even wp_admin full 777 and still got the same error.

Everything else seems ok, the images are tiny and I'm no-where near any limit I can find on my account..... anyone have an idea?

Your site http://griff701.co.cc/ showing the default wordpress page.

Is your problem solved or still there?

Status
Not open for further replies.