Can't use my database as out of disk space

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsbgrbsh

Reaction score
Hi,

I posted about a week ago when I noticed I was really close to me disk space limit ( I didn't want to bump it in case there's a queue!). I've now gone over it and can't use my database, making it a bit tricky to find and delete the files that aren't being used - and I'd rather not have to randomly guess what can be safely deleted. Does anyone know roughly how long it will take to be upgraded to unmetered disk space (I meet all the conditions)?

Thanks!

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
and I'd rather not have to randomly guess what can be safely deleted
-
do you have backup and/or zip'ed files in your account that you can down load and delete from you account

Cron jobs - made by you or a CMS you use - can put a lot of Emails on your account (over time) - each Email counts as a file and will use you disk space
###
-
...a site that is going nowhere when it runs out of space to grow and you cant get it bumped up to unmetered
IMO it is time for you to move to a free-hosting host that has "unlimited" disk space - if you can find one
###

lylex10h

Reaction score
  1. Use phpMyAdmin to optimize the tables with overhead. This will free up some space (if there is overhead)
  2. Download your images to computer. Use a program such as FileOptimizer to losslessly optimize your images. Re-upload your smaller sized images. Make sure to set the Optimization level to "9: Best". I just did this and saved 65,229 bytes across 36 JPGs. Did a batch of 13 PNGs and saved around 160Kbytes. It all adds up.
Others, please provide useful information on how to reduce size of files/content.

Last edited:

bsbgrbsh

Reaction score
Well I found my problem, a 250+MB(!!!!!) error log, looks like I have a fun weekend finding out why. I have also downloaded file optimiser as it looks a handy tool, thanks for the suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.