Can't view a folder on my site as raw file list

palmerx6414

Reaction score
Obviously x10hosting support doesn't care, so I'm going to ask the users.

Okay, normally you can go to, say, website.tk/files
I could before on a site I had hosted with x10hosting with a free domain. Now when I go to view it as a directory to see a files list, I get the "404 not found" error, but I can still view (hypothetically) website.tk/files/image.jpg

I asked support and my thread got closed without an answer.
Why is it that I can't view a directory like that now?

Thank you.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
What you used to have (Indexing) was the default behavior for the webserver Apache.

They switched webservers to Litespeed, which does not have Indexing as a default behavior. If you really require the functionality (it is more of a security hole) , you can add an index.php to the directory that will read the directory and build the equivalent of the Apache "Index of" page.

adam.k

Reaction score
Check that you don't have the -Indexes option set in an htaccess file.
Otherwise, maybe check your cPanel configuration in Index Manager.
Or is it possible that the directory you're trying to look at doesn't exist
anymore?

palmerx6414

Reaction score
What you used to have (Indexing) was the default behavior for the webserver Apache.

They switched webservers to Litespeed, which does not have Indexing as a default behavior. If you really require the functionality (it is more of a security hole) , you can add an index.php to the directory that will read the directory and build the equivalent of the Apache "Index of" page.

Okay, that makes sense. I think I'll just use a .php file to build the list.
It would have been nice if support would have just explained that the first time I asked. >.>