Capture The Flag (a game in open beta)

gotikplage

Reaction score

http://ctf.modicum.us​

I've been working on a simplistic, competitive browser-based roleplaying game for the past few months. Making the transition to these servers was quick and painless, and now that I have an actual host (instead of violating my DSL company's ToS) I'd love to expand my userbase.

The purpose of this thread is to essentially A) advertise for willing beta-testers and B) receive feedback from seasoned web gurus (I've only known PHP for about two months).

Thank you for your consideration. :)

Last edited:

gotikplage

Reaction score
Definitely! Although I think there are several fundamental things wrong with the game, I used to frequent it quite a lot back in the day.

risendead

Reaction score
Sounds good. :) I just hope your rng (random number generator) works better than urbandead's. In their game 50% chance to hit is actually less than 1/5. ;)

gotikplage

Reaction score
Any access problems would be an issue with my x10hosting server (Starka), sorry!

Thank you for visiting. I recently implemented sever forums that combine all of the modicum.us subdomains into one large community. Players or fans of the netlabel can register on http://forums.modicum.us :drool:

Last edited:

filekhasper

Reaction score
Your website is quite simple. Almost too simple for a gaming site. What I purpose is to add some more images of the game. I am curious about your creation, but I have no desire to try it. I think if you were to add maybe a screen shot section or a high scores section you might get more frequent visitors.I also think your links should be a bit larger, ex: your FAQs are tiny at the bottom. Just an idea...

gotikplage

Reaction score
As soon as the game map is completely finished, I fully intend on adding a second panel to it containing the map itself and an in-game screenshot. That will hopefully happen within the next week or so. As for the highscores, I do have a leaderboard script accessible from within the game itself (and consequently removed from the home page because it proved to me how few people frequent the site; I'll re-add it as soon as its embarassment evaporates).

Nonetheless, I'll keep those suggestions in mind. The majority of my websites/subdomains on my modicum.us domain have a minimalist feel by design, so I'm REALLY stressing the simplistic aesthetic. ;)