Card Is Unplugged Automatically

Gracey

Reaction score
Hello,
My Inbuilt LAN Card Is Unplugged Automatically. If The PC Shut Down For 1 Or 2 Hours Then It Will Connect Automatically, I Don't Understand Y It Is Happening. Please Help Me On This.?

Thanks

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Is the board new?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Have you checked in the computer for power saving settings? I've seen with some Dell laptops that the On-board NIC is switched off when wireless is being used to preserve the battery. Additionally the system BIOS can be strict on power saving and could be switching off the device but not resuming it when you need it to. Could also be Window's power settings which shouldn't really be doing anything, but it's worth a look. Other than power saving features, I wouldn't know off the top of my head other than to assume hardware trouble.

Last edited:

Webby Alisha

Reaction score
Hello,
My Inbuilt LAN Card Is Unplugged Automatically. If The PC Shut Down For 1 Or 2 Hours Then It Will Connect Automatically, I Don't Understand Y It Is Happening. Please Help Me On This.?

Thanks

Could be any of many things.. It could be a hardware failure, a driver failure, operating system issue, or other things. You can start with the easiest solution and work your way up. Start by reinstalling the driver, then try starting up in SafeMode, then reinstall OS, and if not then buy a new NIC.

mr g william

Reaction score
Did this card come with the computer if it did you could always contact the Manufacture support when ever I have problems with my laptop I always contact HP Support Always help