cgi-bin and password protected folder access denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

decoderx

Reaction score
Any time I call a script in the cgi-bin folder or I try to access a password protected folder I get "403 Access to this resource on the server is denied!" error. I am an Apache newbie and any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA

decoderx

Reaction score
Three days no replay. I'm really unimpressed.

Edit: OK I just resolved the cgi-bin folder problem, but I am still unable to access password protected directories

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Three days no replay. I'm really unimpressed.

I'm sorry your original post was missed. There are a lot of tickets open right now and yours may have been pushed off of the front page and went unnoticed.

Edit: OK I just resolved the cgi-bin folder problem, but I am still unable to access password protected directories

Can you try removing the password protection and adding it again?

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Any time I call a script in the cgi-bin folder or I try to access a password protected folder I get "403 Access to this resource on the server is denied!" error. I am an Apache newbie and any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA

FYI - x10hosting uses litespeed instead of Apache - it's faster.

Can you do a quick check to make sure files and folders have the correct permissions, too? Files should be 0644 (rw-r--r--) and folders 0755 (rwxr-xr-x).

decoderx

Reaction score
Hi Sharky
I think you got it right. After I corrected the permissions to 755 for directories(.htpasswds and subs) and 644 for the passwd file, everything went back to normality. A BIG THANKS !

Status
Not open for further replies.