cgi-bin/cgiemail Permissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ejweb

Reaction score
The cgiemail script keeps failing. I've had past tickets/posts regarding this but seems the issue keeps reoccurring. I think x10 had to reload my website from backups including permissions to fix it but the replies in the posts do not say what was done or why it happened. Again, I'm getting this error;
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/cgiemail/cgi_email-template.txt on this server.
_______
I'm trying to run my contact form at; http://ejweb.pcriot.com/cgi_email.html. The permissions seem to be correct and it worked in the past. Per the online FileManager from cPanel, I see the permissions on the file but is located in the root-folder. I try to go to; /cgi-bin/cgiemail folder but doesn't appear to exist. So I don't know or understand how the cgiemail feature works as I don't have access to it. This has been an ongoing.
  • Is there an alternative method? And if so; are there samples?
Thanks again...

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
cgi-bin has been disabled due to misuse by some members.
Perl and Python are not operative.
PHP is the sole scripting option.
There is no timetable for retuning Perl/Python availability.

ejweb

Reaction score
Okay, I'll make a note to myself so I won't keep bringing this up :tongue:. Thanks...

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

I am going to close this thread. if you need any more help, please feel free to create a new thread.

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

I am going to close this thread. if you need any more help, please feel free to create a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.