cgi-bin

Status
Not open for further replies.

lincsman

Reaction score
Hi

I am setting up a site and trying to install some cgi scripts. I have done this on previous sites and got them to work ok but I am finding that anything that requires me putting a script in the bin and setting the path fails to work. I have installed various 'test' scripts downloaded from the internet and they are all ok. I have set the permissions on the files and the bin to 755 but nothing! I use cute FTP.
I always upload the files in ASCll and cannot work out what else to try? I am guessing that even though I am using the 'free' service while I get the site built it should work?

Please advise if you can assist.

Many thanks

adrenlinerush

Reaction score
the entire pulbic folder is cgi executable... the permissions need to be 755 on the file itself not the directory...
Edit:
if you are uploading from windows it will not have execute and will have to manually change that after upload... windows only has read an write in the ntfs file system (ie 4 + 2 or 6)

Last edited:

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Did adrenlinerush solve your issue? What are the URLs of the CGI scripts that aren't working? For example, http://artworld.x10hosting.com/cgi-bin/textclock.cgi seems to work. What, exactly, is failing? Are you getting an error message? Are you getting no output? Always describe the behavior you expect, the behavior you get, include live links and post source code for a minimal test case.

Status
Not open for further replies.