Change Hosting Username

Status
Not open for further replies.

madboy_happy46

Reaction score
I want my hosting username to be changed. If its not allowed, why? Then, please let my know how to back up full hosting data associated with my account? So that i can recreate my hosting account after its deletion and recover the data back.

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I want my hosting username to be changed. If its not allowed, why? Then, please let my know how to back up full hosting data associated with my account? So that i can recreate my hosting account after its deletion and recover the data back.

Can't be changed. If you want it badly then take the backup and post a hosting account deletion request form and once terminated create the new hosting account with the same forum account.

Fill this form
cPanel username:

( ) Inserting an X inside the parentheses signifies that I have made all necessary backups of my free hosting account and will not hold x10Hosting responsible for any data I am unable to recover after my free hosting account is deleted. The X also serves as my digital signature verifying that I have proper authorization to request account deletion of the account specified.

madboy_happy46

Reaction score
Please answer below questions if you can:
1. How to take full back up of hosting a/c data in one go? Can someone download entire folders there?

2. Why is it not possible to change hosting account username?
Its workaround is to get hosting a/c deleted and recreate it.

3. Why one can not get his forum account deleted?
What if one wants his forms username to be changed for second time? Its not possible by any means, bcoz one's forum account is not deleted and consequently he can't recreate it and choose a new username.

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Please answer below questions if you can:
1. How to take full back up of hosting a/c data in one go? Can someone download entire folders there?

2. Why is it not possible to change hosting account username?
Its workaround is to get hosting a/c deleted and recreate it.

3. Why one can not get his forum account deleted?
What if one wants his forms username to be changed for second time? Its not possible by any means, bcoz one's forum account is not deleted and consequently he can't recreate it and choose a new username.

1. You have to goto filemanager and select all the files and compress them. and then download the file. OR use ftp to download the files.

2. Yes, You have to ask for termination and re-create the hosting account.

3. We don't delete forum accounts. You can change the forum username once.

madboy_happy46

Reaction score
Thanks for answering to 1st ques. The 2nd and 3rd answers are not satisfactory since you just answered that i already knew. I just wanted to find the reasons behind that questions.

madboy_happy46

Reaction score
I couldn't get satisfactory answers to my questions. I'm just fed up with this waiting for answers, checking the thread again and again. Closing the thread. Would that there be an option to delete entire account on xhosting!

Status
Not open for further replies.