Change main domain and subdomain issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarWallace

Reaction score
ok, so i'm trying to change my main domain from the x10 control panel (NOT cPanel) and i keep getting this error

Code:
Hosting Domain Modification     submitted June 8 at 11:25 pm
     GLzyvWel6fAb
     action status
Error     information
A change to your hosting account's primary domain.       result
A system error occurred while processing this action.

Error Code: C085843B

could this have something to do with the fact that the domain i'm trying to switch to, is a domain that's already a parked domain?... also, the parked domain is currently linked to cloudflare.

and my second question is, when i added a different domain as an addon domain... for some reason it used up one of my subdomains, and i most certainly don't need xxxxxxxx.microstudios.x10.mx because no-one will ever visit that.... I'd like to gain this subdomain back since i only get two... but it tells me that i cannot because it is linked to the addon domain... how can i remedy this?

Last edited:

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

As for the first issue, you can only have a domain as either a parked, addon or main. It can't be more than one.
Unfortunately, the addon domain is linked to the subdomain. It can't be removed without removing the addon.

Thanks.

StarWallace

Reaction score
ok, but i'd just like to understand WHY that subdomain is linked to the addon domain... it seems like a completely useless "feature" and is more of a hassle than a benefit...

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
could this have something to do with the fact that the domain i'm trying to switch to, is a domain that's already a parked domain?... also, the parked domain is currently linked to cloudflare.
If the domain is already parked it would give a different error saying in specific that the domain is already parked.
This error is different.
Reg:Cloudflare..
how did you connect that..through cpanel or through cloudflare website after you logged in?
If you have done through cpanel try switching off cloudflare and check again.
I suspect it as a problem with the server at that time..did you check doing the same again but after turning off any cloudflare kind of stuff?

and my second question is, when i added a different domain as an addon domain... for some reason it used up one of my subdomains, and i most certainly don't need xxxxxxxx.microstudios.x10.mx because no-one will ever visit that.... I'd like to gain this subdomain back since i only get two... but it tells me that i cannot because it is linked to the addon domain... how can i remedy this?
Every addon domain takes away a subdomain if we like or not.Thats the link between both.
Thats perfectly normal with any system.

StarWallace

Reaction score
If the domain is already parked it would give a different error saying in specific that the domain is already parked.
This error is different.
Reg:Cloudflare..
how did you connect that..through cpanel or through cloudflare website after you logged in?
If you have done through cpanel try switching off cloudflare and check again.
I suspect it as a problem with the server at that time..did you check doing the same again but after turning off any cloudflare kind of stuff?
um... it might be to late for that... i already deleted the parked domain... but made a stupid mistake, i didn't unlink cloudflare... or i thought it was a stupid mistake, but i tried resubmitting the domain change request and it actually worked... my x10.mx subdomain is gone and i now have my own domain back. Cloudflare didn't get interrupted at all...

Every addon domain takes away a subdomain if we like or not. Thats the link between both.
Thats perfectly normal with any system.
well that kinda sucks... but that explains why they give us two subdomains, to go with the addon domains... this is the first host i've come across that actually had this though... i was previously at [host removed] and they didn't have this odd "feature". Oh well... i never really use subdomains anyway...

Last edited by a moderator:

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
vv.bbcc19 said:
This error is different.
If the parked domain wasn't synchronised with the system, then it would have given an unknown error like it did.

Back to the topic:
The idea is that you can choose to run subdomains separately. Unfortunately, it's hard to have both. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.