Change main domain from co.cc

Status
Not open for further replies.

gymid

Reaction score
Because of the closing of the co.cc domains, I need my main domain changed from my gymid.co.cc to the new gymid.tk domain.
As advised, I have removed ALL domains from my account. Please add gymid.tk as my main domain as fast as possible, because my website is offline because of this right now.

Thanks

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Please note that your main domain will probably wind up being an x10Hosting free hosting subdomain (*.x10.mx, *.x10host.com, etc.) rather than your external domain (which will probably have to be parked). There are reasons why they stopped allowing users to change the main domain (one of which is because it would allow the user to lose access to the site).

gymid

Reaction score
Ok, thanks for the information. Well I have access to the site now, however, if I add my gymid.tk domain as an addon domain, cpanel automatically adds a subdomain gymid.gymid.co.cc.

This means I then cannot add any more subdomains, because it says limit reached (I have one more addon domain for a subsite which also automatically adds a nonremovable subdomain).

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Your "main" domain would be a parked domain, not an addon. Essentially, a parked domain is an alias for your main domain (your public_html directory), while an addon points to a subdirectory.

Status
Not open for further replies.