Change my domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarWallace

Reaction score
I submitted this as a ticket, but I just got ignored and the ticket closed... not even a copy-pasta generic answer...

There used to be an option in the old account portal to change your domain name but now I can't find that option any more... I don't want to just park my new domain on top via cPanel, I want to actually replace my current main domain with my new one. I want to be able to stop renewing my old domain in favor of the new one but i can't figure out how to do that any more...

Even if I had to switch to one of the many x10 subdomains and park my new domain on top of that, that would be ok, I just want rid of my old one.

mypeel

Reaction score
Is your main domain an actual domain? I joined more recently so mine is a subdomain because they no longer let you use your own domain as your main. You can't use your new domain as a main but they won't allow you to change your main domain to one of their subdomains? Are you phrasing your request properly? If worst comes to worst, you may have to just create a new account and transfer all your data if it's feasible.

Last edited:

StarWallace

Reaction score
yeah i'm a little hesitant to do that what with the whole registration being backedup.

and ya, you basically got it, i just want rid of my old domain so i can't stop having to renew it. It's an old co.cc domain, and even though it's free, it's just a pain in the butt to keep renewing...

and idk if i phrased it right or not... because they didn't even respond, they just closed my ticket..

mypeel

Reaction score
Try creating another ticket:

Title: Please change my main domain to an X10 Subdomain

Hello, I no longer wish to use the domain name that I originally registered with the site. Is it possible to switch my main domain to an X10 subdomain?

Then just wait for a response. If the ticket gets closed again, then it's best to either keep renewing or create a new account (possibly here or with a more responsive host).

Status
Not open for further replies.