change primary domain name

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfafootball

Reaction score
I've been trying for the last 2 days to change the primary domain name listed

My old (x10hosting basic) domain is: mfafootball.x10hosting.com
The new desired domain is: mtubafootballacademy.org

I got it to work (by "work" I mean that at https://x10hosting.com/control/?hosting it listed "Main Domain" as mtubafootballacademy.org instead of the x10hosting one...so it did change successfully) once before on a different account (I've been playing around with this for a few days now, trying different accounts/settings) but I can't remember how I achieved that one isolated success.

When I try to change the main domain at x10hosting/control, I keep getting this error:

Hosting Domain Modificationsubmitted April 16 at 5:38 amFAQO3ZLOC4AHaction statusErrorinformationA change to your hosting account's primary domain.resultA system error occurred while processing this action.

Error Code: 1E9F63B0

ANY IDEAS? I've already parked the .org domain name at cPanel.

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
That error message means that the domain is in use by another account (or there may be old configuration information somewhere on the server).

By the way, unless your "different account" was terminated or deleted for some reason, every person is only allowed one free hosting account.

Your .org site seems to work fine right now as parked in cPanel.

Last edited:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
You can't have that .org domain placed as a parked domain and as a main domain in account panel. You have only one of three choices of where to place the domain:
1. main domain at account panel
2. parked domain in cPanel
3. addon domain in cPanel

You can either leave it as a parked domain and it should work just fine, or delete it from parked domains so you can place it as a main domain in the account panel.

mfafootball

Reaction score
Calistoy, that's extremely helpful. Thank you.

It didn't seem to be working before, even when I had the main domain set as the x10hosting and the correct .org domain was parked. I'll try again though.

Would trying to do it as an "add on" domain perhaps work better?

Thanks guys,

Chris

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
Calistoy, that's extremely helpful. Thank you.

It didn't seem to be working before, even when I had the main domain set as the x10hosting and the correct .org domain was parked. I'll try again though.

Would trying to do it as an "add on" domain perhaps work better?

Thanks guys,

Chris

Adding it as an "Addon domain" will allow you to host the .x10hosting.com subdomain as well as the .org domain as two completely separate websites. Files for your .org will then be in /public_html/mtubafootballacademy.org. The files in the public_html root go to your main domain set in your Account Panel.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
What problems are you having with the domain being parked?

mfafootball

Reaction score
Edit: Now it is working fine. THANKS TO YOU ALL FOR YOUR EXCELLENT SUPPORT! The Add On option works...I just upload the page into the add on mtubafootballacademy.org folder and it seems to be fine.

Tried using it as an add on domain. a folder titled mtubafootballacademy.org showed up in the public_html folder correctly, but when I tried to transfer the page it took forever and would not transfer into the folder.

Now I want to try the parked domain option again, but when I got o add mfa.org (abbrev) i get the following error: "Error from park wrapper: mtubafootballacademy.org is already configured." I deleted it before. Are there some files that just haven't been deleted by the system yet so its idea of what is there/not there hasn't been fully refreshed?

Just trying to figure out the best option for putting content on mtubafootballacademy.org. Add on? Parked? The main domain won't change from x10hosting...Is this all a big problem of having old files still on the system from these other accounts I had (where I was trying to change main domain to mtubafootballacademy.org, park mtubafootballacademy.org) and all the old leftover files that maybe haven't been eliminated yet? So the system thinks those are registered to other users or still on the system?

Is there a way to delete all those old accounts for good?

Last edited:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
You'll have to remove your domain from addon domains before you can try to park it again. Make sure you also delete the .org folder that was created with the addon domain to remove any remaining addon configuration.

In order to delete an account, please create a new support request posting the required info from this link. http://kb.x10hosting.com/questions.php?questionid=50

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
No new reply on this thread in last 48 hours. So I am going to close this thread. Feel free to create a new thread if this problem is not solved yet.

***Thread Closed***

Status
Not open for further replies.