Change signature not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

shdus1

Reaction score
When I try to change (add) my signature on the forums, the page to edit the signature takes a while (a long while) to load, and then I get this error:

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

shdus1

Reaction score
The signature seems to work, but not retroactively. Is that intended?

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Wild guess: If you notice at the bottom of the reply text area there is a "Show your signature" check box.
My guess is that if you don't have a signature yet, it defaults to "no", while if you do have a sig, it defaults to "Yes". Hence all the older posts would have the "do not display" flag set.
Just a guess.

shdus1

Reaction score
Then shouldn't there be a way of adding signature to those posts at a later date?

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Then shouldn't there be a way of adding signature to those posts at a later date?

I think, you have to edit them,

By the way how many posts you are loosing, not much I think, Better carry on, from now onwards you will be having signature is on.

shdus1

Reaction score
Yes, you are right. But I am thinking that it might be a bug. And editing them doesn't seem to work.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I changed my forum signature about two hours ago. The changes I made are what you see below. I went and looked at some posts I made several days ago and they all have the current (new) signature on them. So it appears that this function DOES work retroactively. So it SHOULD also work for Shdus1.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
From what he said, he did not have a sig when he made the earlier posts.
So the "show sig" flag on the post would have been set to false.
Just like this post of mine.

Your earlier posts had "show sig" flag set to true. So when you change the sig, the software puts in the new one.

Last edited:

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
From what he said, he did not have a sig when he made the earlier posts.
I didn't catch that. So you are probably right.
In any case he has only made a few posts, so simply changing things now and moving on as Gsonline suggested in the best answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.