Changes \ Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

fifaleague

Reaction score
At first I thought there was something wrong with my site. So I'm glad to find out it's not just me affected.
Anyways, good luck with the updates, hope it'll move along smoothly..

AndrewTheAwesome

Reaction score
Is there a ETA(ccomplishment) on this?

Nothing against you guys, but I rather like having my site up pretty consistently. Actually, it's sort of important for what I'm doing. So I'd rather switch to a host that has a 99.9% uptime (or something crazy like that) but far less features than you guys offer.

I agree with others in this thread. You can do whatever you want because you're offering this to us for free, and we can't really claim anything from you, but if I had to make a recommendation, I would recommend using the production and testing server scheme.

Another idea that would be interesting -- having a set number of servers with just the barebones (HTTP, FTP, cPanel and that's it) that go down extremely infrequently (far less than your more feature-rich servers). I'd use those when the main servers are down!!! It seems like most of your downtime is related to mySQL, which a lot of us don't necessarily use. Just a thought!

For example, I'd sign a form that say "I will only use HTTP, FTP, and cPanel", and when the main servers go down, my website could magically redirect to a backup server of some sort with just those features.

Anyway, all that being said, good luck upgrading and godspeed.

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
For example, I'd sign a form that say "I will only use HTTP, FTP, and cPanel", and when the main servers go down, my website could magically redirect to a backup server of some sort with just those features.

Are you talking about operating a grid server system? That would work but it is I believe expensive and highly complex to achieve.

iznabhero

Reaction score
thanks sir for the info hmm... i w8 the latest announcement hehehe keep up x10hosting stuff

vol7ron

Reaction score
i don't think it's the MySQL that's screwing things up, I think they're just using that to help debug. I thought the problem lies in the advanced CPanel. No matter the cause, these issues weren't prevalent before the server move. So, once they are fixed there won't be a need to have options.

pacho

Reaction score
Respectfully I want to hear advance news about this "change" and timeline about finishing project.
Also, this "changes" will fix server issues at least or we could wait for another week server down next month like last months?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Going to open a new thread with another update shortly instead of posting in this one where it will be lost :).

Status
Not open for further replies.