Changing Nameserver

Status
Not open for further replies.

kengsprivate56

Reaction score
How can I change this current name server with hostgator nameserver?
Recently I want to change this current webhosted to the cPanel I already own in Hostgator. But in order to do so I must change the nameserver first. And I couldn't find anyplace to in the member area.
Here's the nameserver I want to change into ns3505.hostgator.com, ns3506.hostgator.com
Thanks.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Nameservers are managed via your domain registrar. If you are trying to use an official x10 domain with Host Gator (x10.mx x10.bz pcriot.com elementfx.com exofire.net) then you cannot change the nameservers for these as they only* work with the x10Hosting service.

*however advanced dns is available

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
I only see a domain in your account .x10.mx that x10hosting owns. It is not possible to change the nameservers on that domain because you do not own that domain, you are only being allowed to use that subdomain for free.

If you bought a domain elsewhere, a top level TLD domain, then you just change the nameservers in your domain's registrar account to the ones you need.

*however advanced dns is available

I do not recommend this at all to try and use your x10.mx domain with a different hosting company. x10hosting TOS says that you must have a website in your account, and mirrors are not allowed. x10hosting is for websites, not just only for domain management.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.