Charity Site - Cpanel login issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

adicta1

Reaction score
Hi - pls help:

www.adicta.co.cc site files should be on the cpanel.

i've tried unsuccessfully to login with my username + password to:

http://chopin.x10hosting.com:2082/

i'm not a programmer by trade, front-end or back-end. i developed this site for a charity organization 2+ years ago, and apparently, it's not been operative for the past year.

DOMAIN NAME
site to login through -- http://www.co.cc

HOSTING:
site to login through -- http://www.x10hosting.com

SITE FILE MANAGEMENT:
site to login through -- http://chopin.x10hosting.com:2082/

what am i doing wrong?

i've tried to reset my password and update the account, but i've not received the change confirmation code.

asociacion.adicta@gmail.com

thx

thank you

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I do not see an hosting account linked with this forum account.

Do note that in order to keep an account active you are required to login here at the forums at least once every 31 days, by not doing so the account would first be suspended, and after a period of at least 14 days be terminated for inactivity.

If you know the cPanel username, we can check if that is what has happened, or if it is actually attached to another forum account.

adicta1

Reaction score
hi- thx for your quick response.

that is indeed what happened. the person managing the "every 31 days" login was re-assigned, and that part of the process slipped through the cracks in the handover to the new person in charge.

cpanel username is adicta or adicta1.

i think the last time they logged in (or tried to login) was maybe feb 2010 (before i tried to reinstate the pages nov 2010).

any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. i've started what i think is the process for setting up the account and domain name again, but as i said, i'm not a developer, front end or back end, so i'm a tad clueless as to what i'm doing.

it was probably a bit irresponsible for me to take on this project in the first place!

thx

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
There is now an account attached to your forum username. In order for your co.cc domain to work, you'll have to change the main domain to so that it doesn't have x10.mx at the end of it. I see only one page so far that says it's under construction.

adicta1

Reaction score
hi, yes. i've just set up what looks to be a new account, and a new page, logging in to a new cpanel. i created the "under construction" page as a test.

it seems to me the next steps are to find the old files from the old cpanel, and to update the new adicta.co.cc domain.

i believe i'm now in the process of pointing adicta.co.cc to the .x10.mx domain name through www.co.cc. it's warned me it could take up to 48 hours.

what i think i need help with is retrieving the old files...so that i don't have to rebuild the site from scratch.

can you help?

thx

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Neither of those names come up in a search for termination reports, but it is entirely possible that it got removed sometime back in February/Mars last year if that is the last you know of it being accessed.
We also had some big moving around around June/July last year, and anyone that was suspended when that started would have been removed unless they requested their account reinstated, these accounts would not come up in a search for termination reports.

If you are unsure about being able to meat the requirement to login every 31 days there's a couple very price worthy options available.
The first is Prime membership, which allows you to keep the account active without logging in for a full year at the cost of $4.95
The second is Illuminated package, a 5 year deal for hosting at the cost of $60. This would give you an account on a separate server with less users on then our free hosting servers have, and no need to login here for 5 years.

You can sign up for any of them at: http://x10hosting.com/forums/payments.php

Both these can be set up as a paypal subscription, so they should renew themselves at the end of the period unless you stop that in paypal.

Last edited:

adicta1

Reaction score
setting up an account that wouldn't require login every 31 days would be great.

1st and foremost though, i think i need help to track down those files (because of my inexperience as a developer, i did not back them up on my own machine...they only existed on the x10hosting server).

are they lost?

if you're able to find them, i intend to set up a premium account.

thx

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Unfortunately, when everything was deleted before, it was permanent. There are no backups.

Status
Not open for further replies.